Be AFRAID be very AFRAID!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GaryL

Post by GaryL »

wabi most are just given a slap on the fingers....Then the do it again. and again. As I stated I would not buy from ebay innless I went thru a escrow firm that can be verified.

I have used this route a few times on major purchase's with no problems todate. It takes a little longer if you are the seller to get your monies but sure protects both partys involved.

I can't rember at this time if the buyer or seller pays for the Escrow account charges.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Tigerpaw

Post by Tigerpaw »

I did a little work and came up with where the fax # was from ( CA, USA )
and where the money was picked up ( athens greece ) I will send both PDs a package of the e-mails info ect. and also the RCMP and FBI I do not forsee alot being done for what to them I am sure is not a large amount of money ( less then 10 grand ) but if there are more then just a few people that have been robbed by the same people then the money may be enough that lawenforcement is looking into it. I also faxed and e-mailed a very nice letter to the f**kers leting them know just were they could put my money!!! If I dont make it to heaven it will sure be nice to see them in hell!
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

Doesn't ebay have insurance for this type of thing? :?
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

Not good but thanks for letting the rest of us know about the scam. Not an easy thing to admit, took guts. Thanks again.
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

wabi wrote:Sorry to hear of your bad luck, but glad to get the tip.
eBay and PayPal are very useful, but the buzzards sure gather to pick any meat left on the bones. I just got a spoof email this morning wanting me to go to the scam artist's website and update my credit card info. I do forward all these fake emails to [email protected] , but I wonder just haw many crooks are really brought to justice?
actually the US Dept of Justice takes this stuff seriously and the district you are in-the Southern District of Ohio recently hired a paralegal/analyst to help wit this sort of prosecution