magnus bull heads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Eck

Re: magnus bull heads

Post by Eck »

For guys that hunt with these broadheads . . . How do you carry more than one (loaded in the bow)? The only thing I don't like about them is the don't fit in my quiver mount.

Thoughts? Ideas? Best Practices?
Micro 335
Matrix 380
Boofest 2016 Matrix 330
Trigger Techs all around
125 gr. QAD Exodus (Micro) 100 gr Slicks otherwise
Strings by Vixenmaster
Arrows by Xcaliber
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Four what it's worth , I carry all 4 arrows in my quiver and the broadheads in my backpack and put them together when I get in the blind or where I am going . It only takes a second. all you have to do when you are setting up 10 more seconds don't make a whole lot of difference . I carry them in the package the come in . it works for me . just think of tripping in the dark with those in your quiver . JMO.
W.M.
Eck

Post by Eck »

Thanks - I didn't even think about doing that!
Micro 335
Matrix 380
Boofest 2016 Matrix 330
Trigger Techs all around
125 gr. QAD Exodus (Micro) 100 gr Slicks otherwise
Strings by Vixenmaster
Arrows by Xcaliber
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

They do make a adaptor for the quiver if you choose to go that route they have them for the 100 and the 125. check out their web site.
W.M.
DaverV

Post by DaverV »

Looking good! Just need a long beard in front of you now.
You have to love the Bullheads... Drops the gobbler in its tracks.
Passing Through
ch312

Post by ch312 »

robertyb wrote:A turkey (gobbler) that hears calling from an area and responds by simply showing up expects to find other turkeys. If they come and there is nothing there they will quit responding after it happens a time or two. On the other hand if they show and there is a human they see they will avoid that area for quite a while and even if they are answering calls they will not come in. And they do quit responding to owl and crow calls if overused especially if the calls come from the same places repeatably. Sometimes it is best to just sit back and listen and wait for a bird to gobble on his own.
Patience kills birds. :D
I regularly call to the turkeys behind my house to gauge their reactions to different calls. They're still showing interest despite spooking them while standing in the open and the kids playing with turkey calls in the yard.

Maybe they're just looking to hookup with my chickens and aren't following normal turkey behavior! :D
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Ok I have shot 3 turkeys so far this spring. The 2 with the bullheads DRT. The one with the mech ran 70 yards out into a field and wobbled around for quite a while before finally tipping over. I'll try and stick with bullheads LOL ! :wink:
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

You can't go wrong with the bull head. do you like the 100 or the 125?
W.M.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Timbrhuntr wrote:Ok I have shot 3 turkeys so far this spring. The 2 with the bullheads DRT. The one with the mech ran 70 yards out into a field and wobbled around for quite a while before finally tipping over. I'll try and stick with bullheads LOL ! :wink:
Good to hear this. Magnus only for me...
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
JUDGE

Post by JUDGE »

Can't go wrong with a 12 guage shot gun either.
Retired from the Working World

MICRO 355
50 CAL Traditions Pursuit
Mosburg 100ATR 30-06
Henry Lever 22lr
Mosburg 500
Savage 243