350Se accessories

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

seabee401

350Se accessories

Post by seabee401 »

So I called Danny Miller and got some of his string bumpers on the way. :)
Now was looking into Dr. Stirrup 4x4 Kocker. And also the Stirrup replacement. Anyone use these? Is it really easier to cock the bow with this?
Was thinking about a top Mount quiver maybe too. My list is growing! :shock: But the $ shrinking ! :lol:
Tom
Phoenix I, Phoenix II, Excocet 200, Vortex, Matrix 350Se, Matrix 330, Matrix 310
wildcatter

Re: 350Se accessories

Post by wildcatter »

the DR Stirrup does make cocking easier, but I would not add the bulk to the 350, it is already pretty compact for a Matrix series bow and think this would add more bulk to needlessly mod the bow, and pretty mild to cock the way it is. JMO
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
SEW

Post by SEW »

Dr Stirrup: the stirrup protects the broadhead, allows both feet to be used for cocking, acts as a stand for the xbow, reduces the felt effort by bout the amount to the next lower Matrix model, is much quieter than the tuning fork stirrup, the cocking rope and handles Meeks cocking easier also. The DM string bumpers are nice. The Dr Stirrup string bumpers are unequaled.
As wildcatter stated, if there is no problem cocking the xbow, the benefits of the stirrup may not outweigh the benefits. The original Stirrup can be wrapped to where it is virtually silent. The limb silencers, string bumpers and cocking rope will help regardless. And maybe the stirrup depending on your physical condition.
IOW's , most of the Dr Stirrup kit will help virtually any Excal and shooter.
grouse

Post by grouse »

My new 350 SE arrived less than a week ago. I'm taking a different approach to accessorizing my bow. I have asked Vixenmaster to send me a string for it (I must have a spare), I'll order some BE Zombies, buy some slicktricks, and I'll be ready to go hunting. I was shocked at how easy this bow is to cock. The only other crossbow I have ever cocked or shot is my Axiom and the 350 is just as easy for me to cock (I'm 6'2" and 68 yrs. old). This is the same approach I took with my Axiom when I bought it in 2012 and I have killed at least one deer with it every year. The scope, trigger, cocking rope, stirrup all have performed just fine for me. That said, I do understand the satisfaction that comes with improving things with your own hands.
axiom
350 SE
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I'd buy better arrows like bees or zombies first.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
seabee401

Post by seabee401 »

grouse wrote:My new 350 SE arrived less than a week ago. I'm taking a different approach to accessorizing my bow. I have asked Vixenmaster to send me a string for it (I must have a spare), I'll order some BE Zombies, buy some slicktricks, and I'll be ready to go hunting. I was shocked at how easy this bow is to cock. The only other crossbow I have ever cocked or shot is my Axiom and the 350 is just as easy for me to cock (I'm 6'2" and 68 yrs. old). This is the same approach I took with my Axiom when I bought it in 2012 and I have killed at least one deer with it every year. The scope, trigger, cocking rope, stirrup all have performed just fine for me. That said, I do understand the satisfaction that comes with improving things with your own hands.
Ya know, I never even gave a thought to an extra string :shock: that's an obvious necessity! Especially since my other 2 are long limbs. Can't use them on Matrix. Thanks grouse. :wink:
Tom
Phoenix I, Phoenix II, Excocet 200, Vortex, Matrix 350Se, Matrix 330, Matrix 310
seabee401

Post by seabee401 »

wildcatter wrote:the DR Stirrup does make cocking easier, but I would not add the bulk to the 350, it is already pretty compact for a Matrix series bow and think this would add more bulk to needlessly mod the bow, and pretty mild to cock the way it is. JMO
Good point Wildcatter :wink:
seabee401

Post by seabee401 »

SEW wrote:Dr Stirrup: the stirrup protects the broadhead, allows both feet to be used for cocking, acts as a stand for the xbow, reduces the felt effort by bout the amount to the next lower Matrix model, is much quieter than the tuning fork stirrup, the cocking rope and handles Meeks cocking easier also. The DM string bumpers are nice. The Dr Stirrup string bumpers are unequaled.
As wildcatter stated, if there is no problem cocking the xbow, the benefits of the stirrup may not outweigh the benefits. The original Stirrup can be wrapped to where it is virtually silent. The limb silencers, string bumpers and cocking rope will help regardless. And maybe the stirrup depending on your physical condition.
IOW's , most of the Dr Stirrup kit will help virtually any Excal and shooter.
Riflemanz wrote:I'd buy better arrows like bees or zombies first.
Good info. Thanks guys. :wink: