No Boofest for Me

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

taz3

No Boofest for Me

Post by taz3 »

I was able to attend the later part of one a few years ago and my wife and I had a great time meeting the members who were there. As some know I'm involved in racing and it takes up my weekends through the summer, so this year I made arrangements to be free for Boofest.
In December I was having a bump on my nose looked at and got passed from doctor to doctor, well I finally found one to work on me in June. The doctor suggested I have a biopsy done first, just incase and to be safe. Well I'm glad he did, as I came to learn it is cancer, I had surgery last week to remove it, which went well. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend Boofest this year for obvious reasons and still need to go back for my follow up. It is a benign tumor and was caught fairly early, so it's not that bad and I'm thankful.

Have one for me and enjoy the festivities!!
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
paulaboutform

Re: No Boofest for Me

Post by paulaboutform »

What a shame but thank goodness you're okay. Speedy recovery. :D

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

Woosh! Bit of a scare there alright! :shock:
Hope you see a complete & swift recovery!!

As for BooFest, as soon as I saw the rules posted regarding no booze, and no guns, I simply knew I wouldn't be makin' it... :lol:

In reality, what with staring down yet another eyeball surgery, and the shindig being all the way across the entire country, simply ain't in the cards. Hoping some year... :wink:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

taz3 wrote:I was able to attend the later part of one a few years ago and my wife and I had a great time meeting the members who were there. As some know I'm involved in racing and it takes up my weekends through the summer, so this year I made arrangements to be free for Boofest.
In December I was having a bump on my nose looked at and got passed from doctor to doctor, well I finally found one to work on me in June. The doctor suggested I have a biopsy done first, just incase and to be safe. Well I'm glad he did, as I came to learn it is cancer, I had surgery last week to remove it, which went well. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend Boofest this year for obvious reasons and still need to go back for my follow up. It is a benign tumor and was caught fairly early, so it's not that bad and I'm thankful.

....scary for sure....have that "thang" taken cared of and healed....just have one query, was it benign or cancerous?....you first mentioned cancerous, and later benign; either way it is scary...

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
taz3

Post by taz3 »

amythntr wrote:
taz3 wrote:I was able to attend the later part of one a few years ago and my wife and I had a great time meeting the members who were there. As some know I'm involved in racing and it takes up my weekends through the summer, so this year I made arrangements to be free for Boofest.

....scary for sure....have that "thang" taken cared of and healed....just have one query, was it benign or cancerous?....you first mentioned cancerous, and later benign; either way it is scary...

Anthony :)
It is a form of skin cancer, that is dealt with by surgery and or radiation, but is not known to be fatal, but is aggressive. Within 6 months it was the size on a nickel around and a large bump under the skin.

Thank you for all the well wishes folks!
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting