Ontario record?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TAC

Ontario record?

Post by TAC »

I've been doing some searching online and have yet to find out what the Ontario record is for the largest buck (typical) ever taken. I found the poached buck from last year but nothing else.

Anyone know?

Man, if this guy on my lawn could have the record, it's gonna be a long 10 months until opening day again!
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

deleted

LW
Last edited by LoneWolf on Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ontario Trophy Bucks
kendo kid

P and Ca

Post by kendo kid »

Tac,
As with all deer it is important to keep the Phosphorus (P) and Calcium (Ca) levels high in a deer's diet. Remember, through the months Feb- May does require good levels of P and Ca for the gestating fawns. You obviously have good genetics in your area but now you need to maximize your gene base. Some of the fawns being carried now are the future trophies so it is important to give the fawns (especially those sired by Big Daddy) a good start. Protein is very important but P and Ca produce bone, (skeletal as well as horn). Give the future a good shot in the arm by providing supplemental P and Ca. Bucks have the ability to take in P and Ca throughout the year and store it in their ribs. When they are growing horn the can translocate (move) the Ca and P from the ribs to the horn production site. Intake of P and Ca are the next most important factors for growing rack after genetics. Grow your boys bigger racks by making sure supplemental minerals are available from March though August. After August the does cut back on nursing the fawns and do not require the P and Ca. The buck’s horn growth requires a lot of P and Ca though August. In September the horn growth begins to slow in preparation for hardening and velvet being rubbed off. So, provide the mineral supplement from March – August.
Kendo Kid
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur