the grass isn't always greener

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

flightattendant100

Re: the grass isn't always greener

Post by flightattendant100 »

What "No Shootin'" bow are y'all messin' with?
Boo

Post by Boo »

flightattendant100 wrote:What "No Shootin'" bow are y'all messin' with?
I'm not shooting mine because I blew it up! :mrgreen: I'm currently waiting for strings, cables and cams. It would have been more exciting but this is the 3rd bow I've blown up. The noise and excitement is highly over rated :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

vixenmaster wrote:They like heavier FOC Jeff, i am usin the deathstalker arrows but changed the 100 gr pt out to a 170 gr pt that matches my FOC B-heads. I am getting 1" groups at 30 yds at my sight in practice. Nutten wrong wid the crossbow, jus a learnin curve. I really like mine, don't plan to give it up, its lite an great handlin, its shoots the lights out :)

Thanks Mike that's something I'll try... :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

I'm with Jeff...sure the new toy is sleek and light but if it takes this much effort to get it to group, (under 30y from a bench, mind you), then is it worth the effort? IMHO the learning curve shouldn't be this steep! :oops: I'm just waiting on you guys to find a winning arrow recipe because apparently my premium arrows aren't working. In the meantime I'm glad I still have two Matrix bows :lol:
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Tom

Post by Tom »

Boo wrote:[............... It would have been more exciting but this is the 3rd bow I've blown up. The noise and excitement is highly over rated :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don, did you blame the smell from your messed shorts on the pup
:lol:

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Boo

Post by Boo »

Tom wrote:
Boo wrote:[............... It would have been more exciting but this is the 3rd bow I've blown up. The noise and excitement is highly over rated :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don, did you blame the smell from your messed shorts on the pup
:lol:

Tom
Nope, there was no mess. Being the 3rd time, I just rolled my eyes rolled and I said crap!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Well it seems i have to hold my hand jus so fer it to do its magic. I have measuring the sled clearance to rail n arrow slot. Either the vendor has royally screwed up or the Blueprint plan sent sucks! :( I have min of 3/16" inside arrow slot play n 7/32" on the outside
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....you mean "oofah" won't shoot a 1" group out to 100yds? :shock:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
RobD

Post by RobD »

Goose52 wrote:BEEs still 50% off at the black eagle website... .003 BEEs are additional $3 off that price
Thanks for the tip. I just ordered 2 dozen of the 18" .003 in pink (all they had left) for $66 shipped free. I have only shot Diablos with the 150gr field points and broadcutters, so I'll have to get some new stuff to put on the front of these.
Maybe some slick trick magnums in 125gr?
Micro Suppressor 400 TD (Two of 'em)
Bulldog 360 Blackout
Micro 360 TD Pro (Kryptek Altitude)
Matrix 380

Vixenmaster strings - Love 'em! | DrStirrup - Good stuff man!
Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:I've been using a compound crossbow for target shooting for the last month or so.

I've come to the conclusion that you can't beat the simplicity of a re-curve. My Micro is dead on out to 40 yards with ease. I can barely get the compound to group @ 20 with the same arrows. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong..... Lol

My main bow is still my Micro 355.... :)
What wheelie are you shooting ?
Parker Challenger
Gen-1 Micro 335 Camo
Matrix Cub
Bear Legion Compound
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Sparkey wrote:
bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:I've been using a compound crossbow for target shooting for the last month or so.

I've come to the conclusion that you can't beat the simplicity of a re-curve. My Micro is dead on out to 40 yards with ease. I can barely get the compound to group @ 20 with the same arrows. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong..... Lol

My main bow is still my Micro 355.... :)
What wheelie are you shooting ?
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Boo

Post by Boo »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:
Could we get a bigger picture for more detail? :mrgreen:
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Well this all just made my mind up if I wanted a Skorpyd! 8) I can't teach Colton manners and good sportsmanship if I'm throwing expensive equipment across the yard! If it " opens up" at 30, .... not for me.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

flightattendant100 wrote:Well this all just made my mind up if I wanted a Skorpyd! 8) I can't teach Colton manners and good sportsmanship if I'm throwing expensive equipment across the yard! If it " opens up" at 30, .... not for me.

I will get this machine dialed in sooner or later...lol
Boo

Post by Boo »

flightattendant100 wrote:Well this all just made my mind up if I wanted a Skorpyd! 8) I can't teach Colton manners and good sportsmanship if I'm throwing expensive equipment across the yard! If it " opens up" at 30, .... not for me.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Perhaps you have't noticed but he's there already. Maybe he needs some fine tuning but there's no question in my mind that he's well on his way to becoming a fine young man. :D
Paul, the DS is the only Scorpyd with this setup. All of the others shoot well with little fuss. Given a bit of time, the DS will get sorted out as well.