the grass isn't always greener

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

flightattendant100

Re: the grass isn't always greener

Post by flightattendant100 »

Boo wrote:
flightattendant100 wrote:Well this all just made my mind up if I wanted a Skorpyd! 8) I can't teach Colton manners and good sportsmanship if I'm throwing expensive equipment across the yard! If it " opens up" at 30, .... not for me.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Perhaps you have't noticed but he's there already. Maybe he needs some fine tuning but there's no question in my mind that he's well on his way to becoming a fine young man. :D
Paul, the DS is the only Scorpyd with this setup. All of the others shoot well with little fuss. Given a bit of time, the DS will get sorted out as well.
Have you noticed that Excal doesn't have a model that is a finicky PIA? :D Even the junkers shoot good( been playin' with the Wolverine a little. I'm going to run a bh thru a piggy Sat. for some REAL ol' school fun !!) Y'all go play with those frustrating #&@#$$'s all you want. 8)
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

So fer only a couple most fixable issues on mine, the sled i have has abit too much play. That could be jus me, i have not gotten the cockin it right yet. I am so use to cockin the Excals jus hook up n pull set safety quick n easy. I have the Loopy on it 2x7 so i have shot from 10 to 35 yds yesterday. All groups were under 2", i have a Hawke XB1 on the way so i can ck out the ranges past 40 yds. I hope to get back on the shootin soon
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

I had Horton Legend crossbow and I could not shoot at same spot or off would come the vanes etc....It was very easy to cock and real quite ..You had to tune your alum arrows and it would shoot nice to 30 yards ..

Todays compound crossbows folks are shooting at 50 yards on targets and on bear hunts 1 of crews here last season got 25 bear other 13 bear ...Biggest was 515 dressed with 2 others in 400 lb range..

9 of us all bought micros and got rid of compound bows because we like excal size of micro and no wheels etc more like recurve hunting ..

Post by newbie »

Once you guys get the bugs figured out it will be a SWEET bow. (Dont let Don handle yours anymore :wink: )
Once i shouldered a Micro it just felt right at home..... the DS is a CLOSE second.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Normous

Post by Normous »

Some patience is required and suggested to the early DS owners and as far as I know several details are being addressed at the moment and a new string, sled and possible slide revisions are on the way, the early owners will certainly be taken care of as soon as parts are released.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Pintail

Post by Pintail »

The one thing that stands out regardless of the brand of bow is, after you get past the mid 300 fps mark the problems and expense goes up. Price of the bow itself, string servings, strings and cables have a shorter life expectancy. Limb problems come and go, then the problems with arrow flite and so on. I have come close to pulling the trigger on a scorpyd a few times but always ask myself why? The 330 and 355 I hunt with always hit dead center perfect and fill the freezer year after year. I guess Wyatt Earp said it best, "fast is fine but accuracy is final".....
Have crossbows will travel
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Normous wrote:Some patience is required and suggested to the early DS owners and as far as I know several details are being addressed at the moment and a new string, sled and possible slide revisions are on the way, the early owners will certainly be taken care of as soon as parts are released.
..... does this mean I'm gonna have to make a special trip up to the Boofest Compund to have "Oofah" retrofitted with new after burners, port and starboard lights, and remote controls or are the instructions gonna be simple enough that someone from the People's Republic of NJ can understand?....

..... and will one have to bring their DS to a bow shop for any change overs and who will be picking up the tab if such be the case?

....just asking!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

The grass is much greener now out to 40 yards... :)

ImageIMG]http://i.imgur.com/UCRHwYn.jpg[/IMG]
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Shoot'em good :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

That's more like it! Nicely done Jeff. :D

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:46 am

Somebody figgered sumpin' out! Looks good :D How many times did you have to cuss it? Kick it? :mrgreen:
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....whachushoot that with Jeff?

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

amythntr wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:28 pm

.....whachushoot that with Jeff?

The devil bow...lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

That devil bow is chucking pitchforks with great accuracy. She's red hot now!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....Oofah is just itching to get out and launch some "firebrands" downrange....hopefully will do so tomorrow....just need to tighten the scope screws on the VX-R, set up the sled and yell "mush" and be on my way to "greener" pastures!

.....can't wait!

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings