Well Got out this morning for the first time this year!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

cadmaster

Well Got out this morning for the first time this year!

Post by cadmaster »

With the strange weather I have not bothered to head out until today. I got into the blind before legal shooting and let the bush quiet down. The morning was one of the better ones to get out since today was basically between 2 heavy rains with wind so I figured it should be excellent hunting. the temperature got down to -1 centigrade overnight and everything is soaked so I was hoping for a crunchy morning, but I did not get it. It was very quiet all morning so at about noon I decided to go for a little walk and see how active the area is and to my surprise and disgust there was ZERO sign anywhere. This area has a beaten path with at least 20 scrapes and a bunch of rubs in a 400 yard stretch usually. The leaves are 90% down now thank god it took forever for them to drop.

I hunt about 40 minutes north of North Bay Ontario in Zone 41.

Is anybody else having the same problems around here? Have the deer all moved to Florida?
BrotherRon

Re: Well Got out this morning for the first time this year!

Post by BrotherRon »

I don't think they went to Florida... I think they just came to Wisconsin. :mrgreen:
I was pretty disgusted Sunday evening and went for a short walk... saw a nice buck tearing up a scrape. lol
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
mikej

Post by mikej »

I'm about 2 hours south of north bay and they are pretty scarce here too
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
cadmaster

Post by cadmaster »

Well Done for the season. I have been feeling crappy for several months and recently had a lot of abdominal pain so I went to the doctor and got some blood work done. He sent me to the hospital after he got the results and it was determined that I have a perforated appendix. the surgeon at the hospital does not want to operate anytime soon so I am off to find a new surgeon starting Thursday. my feeling are get it out ASAP and the surgeon want to wait and see. It kind of indicates to me why health care is so darned expensive and why we need health care reform. If I was still in Toronto they would have taken it out the past Monday at the latest.

So one day hunting for 2017 not good!
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

I hope they get you fixed up fast .
Hunt eat sleep repeat.