The Maxocet

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ranger66

Post by ranger66 »

Hey GUEST (coward), why don't you peddle your pitty elswhere, do you really think its for fun? Well FYI its kind of a service I like to do for the farmers whose property I deer hunt on. Is it fun when their livstock break legs and have to be put down, is it fun when when a $100,000+ piece of farm machinery get broken due to the varmints holes and dirt mounds. I don't think so. So let me ask you this GUEST :roll: , do you cry :cry: or just go, oh well, when take an animal or catch a fish. Also it keeps us practiced up with our rifles in the off season and try out our new handloads, for the upcoming deer hunts.
BigBear

Post by BigBear »

Partikle wrote:And they would both shoot 330 fps!
It shoots 332+ fps :twisted: ....add some brass inserts to the gold tips, and you get 315-317 fps...thats about 420 grs. with 4" duravanes..i did some testing :wink:
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
125gr Slick Trick broadheads
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

How did the trigger feel BigBear :?: On my Max it is stiff hard to pull making me pull off target to the left innless I really pull real slow. We are getting it down pat but I tell ya that extra 25lbs make a big difference in trigger pull. :twisted:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
BigBear

Post by BigBear »

GaryL wrote:How did the trigger feel BigBear :?: On my Max it is stiff hard to pull making me pull off target to the left innless I really pull real slow. We are getting it down pat but I tell ya that extra 25lbs make a big difference in trigger pull. :twisted:
....Hi Gary..i took an exocet rail from a friend and did the testing with the max riser...end result was great, trigger pull was just super :) ...also easy to load, with plenty of speed to boot..same speed as the mag, but it just feels better when shooting..sorta like it fits like a glove 8) ...end result..super great bow.. :wink:
Excalibur Micro Mag 340
Quill Bolts
125gr Slick Trick broadheads
ranger66

Post by ranger66 »

Right on Big Bear, thats what I wanted to hear, I cant wait to try switching risers and limbs and giv'r a few shots, gonna have to wait til the new year though, I still got some hunting to do with the Exomax.
brayhaven

Post by brayhaven »

JR wrote:The only difference between the exomag and the exomax is that the riser is angled towards the stirrup a few degrees, thus changing the amount of pressure on the limbs. That's it, the limbs are identical on both models. -JR
Has anyone ever measured this exact angle? It shouldn't be too hard to machine the riser to the new angle or even make a new riser, for that matter in a milling machine.
Greg