I think I may I think I might

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bobcattrapper

Re: I think I may I think I might

Post by bobcattrapper »

Nice setup! Gonna get me some of those muzzy trocar in 100 gr.
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Dan,

Bill gifted me 6 18" factory executioners after cutting them back to 16 1/2 " ( the pink dipped ones they had on sale awhile back ) and re-used the supplied 92 brass inserts.

I'm using 125 gn G5 Montecs and 125 Slick Trick Magnums, and they are consistantly hitting 5/8" "high viz" dots at both 20 and 30 yards. They hit within an inch of each other at 40 yards off of my bench using a cheap plastic adjustable rifle rest I bought years ago from Midway. I use the bench and rest most times and at most distances on my range which is measured and marked out to 60 yards ( with bag targets for F-tips @ 20 and 30 yards and a 18-1 and several older 3-D animal targets for broadhead use at all ranges. )

I used acetone on the wraps leaving a great looking pink dipped arrow with 2 pink and 1 white 2" Blazer vanes and installed green ingitors.

That is this years arrow set up for me, and it's working good so far. ( The acetone did not hurt the pink sprayed on paint under the wrap at all, and IMO, the arrows look much nicer. They do pull out alot nicer with field points having the wrap removed. ) :wink:

They seem to be working great with both my 355 and 335 Micro's. :D However, after shoting clear thru a small buck and striking solid concrete after the pass thru with the new 355 Micro.... :roll: that stainless G5 Montec will from now on be a practice point. :( it did not bend or deform it, but the very tip is a bit worse for wear.

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Shot the bag target for quite a while sighting in the bow. The Crossbones Scope is nice, but I'm maxed out on the speed dial, and not quite perfect, but good enough out to 40 yards. I need just a tad more on the high side for some reason which states 425 I think. Shooting 440 total grains, and I did not bust out the chronograph to check speeds. Anyway, ready to hunt. I put a new insert in my deer target, and first shot off hand at 20 yards was good! Did a few at 30 also trying not to hit another arrow! Very impressed with this bow, and it is not near as loud as I thought it would be! I love it! 8) Oh, Gene, I might owe you a Ten Spot! :lol: :lol:
20 yards off hand!

Image[url=https://postimg.org/image/67of1qz39/]Image

30 yards off hand!

Image[url=https://postimg.org/image/yyl8rt4x1/]Image
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I feel sorry for the deer in your woods Dan!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Steve, I just might have to kill a small buck this year, things are not working out as I had hoped. Many, and I mean many young bucks have posed for me this fall, and I have yet to spook a doe, but they just want to show me their back side, or wink at me! :lol: :lol: Yep, this little monster is the CHIT! :wink: I love it!
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

You shooting broadheads?
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Field points, 125 grains.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

xcaliber wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:30 pm
Field points, 125 grains. I have tested this combination using Muzzy Heads with these arrows, they were originally made up for my Matrix 355 & 330. I know exactly where the broadheads will hit! :wink:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Don't even ask me how I quoted myself with additional lines! :? I tried to edit the original post, I need a nap! :lol: :lol:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

This is the final setup with the Munch Mount, Crank, and Tarantula Case. Thanks Munch, (Terry) for the great Mount! I'm looking at other mounting options for the GoPro, but had a few of these stick on bases, figured I would use that for now. I have to start shopping for the rest of the family now! :lol: :lol:

Image[url=https://postimg.org/image/tzpic2wpx/]Image

Image[url=https://postimg.org/image/h71ec5l45/]Image
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

Nice bow! Good luck with it.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Great rig , should be a real hunting machine , congratulations on the new bow.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Thanks guys. I think this is the one! :wink: I love every Excalibur I had the pleasure to own & shoot, but this one here is special in my mind! :D
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Jeff wanted to help me thin the heard, and I honestly do appreciate that. I PM'd him to let him know the kid wanted it real bad.Took the Matrix 355 on a sweetie deal. Jeff has a Matrix 355, so nothing there to gain anyway really. Thanks Jeff for the warm wishes, and shared friendship. I promise you if the 330 gets to be sold, you're the top of the list buddy.

Dan
roly

Post by roly »

i have a 355 and really love hunting with it, it’s a treat to carry and sweet when in the tree stand.
I am disappointed with the speeds I’m getting out of it, my two friends bought 335’s and they are both faster than mine and easier to draw.
To do over again I think I would save the 300$ in price diff and go with the 335.

But out of my 3 Excal it’s the first one I grab to go hunting.