Is anyone out there using WOOD ARROWS ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Normous

Re: Is anyone out there using WOOD ARROWS ?

Post by Normous »

What is the cost for one dozen spine matched wood arrows bare? and the cost for those matching front field points?
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
janesy

Post by janesy »

Normous wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:06 am
What is the cost for one dozen spine matched wood arrows bare? and the cost for those matching front field points?
They are gorgeous

http://www.twigarchery.com/categories/Arrows-and-Shafting/
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Normous

Post by Normous »

Your right, they look real fine and the wood variety and component selection is unique.
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Normous

Do you (or anyone else) remember the fellow who made flint broadheads? Wouldn't that be a hoot to mount one of them on a wooden shaft? With real feather fletching?
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Hi5 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:52 pm
Johnny

It's too bad that you had your feelings apparently hurt on this forum. We are friendly here, and helpful to strangers. I guess most of us are attracted to the most modern components in archery.

It's too bad you hadn't been on here some years back. There was a fellow who made his own flint broadheads. They were amazing. You and he would have had something in common, and might have between the two of you, made genuine works of art. I would have loved to have a couple of such arrows--not for shooting--but for display.

I don't remember his handle and I haven't recently seen any posts that I would recognize as his.

Welcome, and feel free to show your pictures. I don't post my own because I don't know how. So, I can't help you there.
I really hope that is not the case, and hope to read a lot more about these. I would really be interested in some for the end of my road hunting, go out in style if you know what i mean.
I really don't think anyone is bullying you, just cautious, and maybe uninformed. Lot's of information to be gained, and after seeing your work, I think you have the attention of some real serious hunters / shooters.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Normous

Post by Normous »

Hi5 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:51 pm
Normous

Do you (or anyone else) remember the fellow who made flint broadheads? Wouldn't that be a hoot to mount one of them on a wooden shaft? With real feather fletching?
I think that was member GaryM who sadly is now deceased.
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

Normous

Darn, I think you are right.

We've had some fine people with amazing skills and amazing ideas visit here, haven't we?
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Hi5, that is one of the reasons that makes this forum special, many who have great ideas are so willing to share their talents here.
Matrix 355
Boo Strings
Johnny One Shot

Post by Johnny One Shot »

https://postimg.org/image/onm3v9en7/]Image
https://postimg.org/gallery/2rqkntk5https://s5.postimg.org/y85qi53zb/Christmas_2017_276.jpg0/

These are ramin wood arrows called Bittersweet. 15" in length, 160 gr fieldpoint, 3 Rivers 3 blade Elite broadhead 150 gr. Total wt. +/- 445 gr.
Ramin wood also comes from Malaysia, same as the Malaysian Redwood shafts. Very similar wood characteristics; Ramin is blondish, Redwoods are reddish. see pics in earlier posts. Both have interlocking grain. Nothing like you can find in the US. Both have high crushing ability from the ends, therefore no nock is needed. I heat treat them on the grinder stone to add slightly more durability. Hope to make some video in nicer weather showing durability and shooting these arrows.
Still having issues posting pictures. Best I could do at the moment. When I get this figured out I have a lot more pics to post.
Thank you for your interest.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

If you feel comfortable about it, email pics to me, and I'll get them posted for you. You can get my email from the link. I might like to buy some as well, but need a conversation about specifics too.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Back strap

Post by Back strap »

Keep it slow and you might be alright . Other than that Sounds like playing with fire. You might get burnt
Matrix 405// Twilight scope/ Vixen master string/ Munch mount/ aircurve 3 kwikee kwiver/ south shore archery 18 in spinal tapps/ plastic nock/ sk300 vanes/ 92 grain insert/100 grain ramcat. Huntin Fishin Lovin everyday. AKA-BUCKY
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

Did this test start out with, "Hey. Hold my Beer... Y'all need to watch this." :shock: :roll: :lol: :lol: Very nice arrows...
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
quake

Post by quake »

Nice looking arrows Johnny! Hope you can figure out how to post some more pictures of these. I have problems posting pics here too it's frustrating. Others seem to have no issues with it. :?
Cabela's Equalizer 370 made by Excalibur- Zeiss Terra XB75
Matrix 380- Trophy Ridge Speed Comp XV530IR