new bulldog 330

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

doe hunter

new bulldog 330

Post by doe hunter »

Hello; Got one of these and have Excalibur tell me the new owners manual is being published and will be mailed out when ready. they said to use the owner manual that came with it until then. In it says to have a brace height of 5/8 to 1 inch on the matrix 330, On this Bulldog it is nearly an 1 and 1/2" and also just less than 1/4 in form the rubber reds. Now the string has all most no twist some twist so will not take out any more. The string measures right at 30" and 5/8. Also are there 2 different size on the rubber red this one as the longer of the 2 so would like any comments Thank you
janesy

Re: new bulldog 330

Post by janesy »

Twist it until you have about 1/2" above the bumpers. Shoot it a whole lot and itll settle to 1/4. Then for the next while adjust accordingly .

I have found the micro riser doesn't seem to care too much where the string is as far as speed is concerned. So I leave mine at 1/4. That way if it settles to 1/8 at some point I can still go sit in a tree stand.
If I left it at 1/8 and it settled for whatever reason id have to adjust.

But I shoot a lot, so it may not even be a concern for you.
Last edited by janesy on Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
janesy

Post by janesy »

Should add you won't are a change of POI, from a string adjustment. So shoot away and adjust when you need to.

I'd serioisly recommend a Vixenmaster Slave stringer.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
doe hunter

Post by doe hunter »

thankks for the reply but the way I understand it your brace height from the riser is about 1/4 to a 1/2 inch . On mine Bulldog 330 from the riser to the string is 1 1/2 inches
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

doe hunter wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:35 pm
Hello; Got one of these and have Excalibur tell me the new owners manual is being published and will be mailed out when ready. they said to use the owner manual that came with it until then. In it says to have a brace height of 5/8 to 1 inch on the matrix 330, On this Bulldog it is nearly an 1 and 1/2" and also just less than 1/4 in form the rubber reds. Now the string has all most no twist some twist so will not take out any more. The string measures right at 30" and 5/8. Also are there 2 different size on the rubber red this one as the longer of the 2 so would like any comments Thank you
Doe Hunter

The Bulldog is completely different from the Matrix and the brace height is higher on the Bulldog. 1 1/2” from riser will do fine.

My biggest concern if I’m reading your post correctly is if you have 2 different size bumpers that will have to be corrected for the bow to perform as designed. If that is the case you should contact Excalibur and they will send you the correct bumpers.

Billy
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
quake

Post by quake »

Doe Hunter I think Janesy is talking about 1/4"-1/2" off of the rubber bumpers (REDS), which probably equals out to about the 1 1/2" that you are seeing at the riser line. Do you have a way of posting a picture of your REDS bumpers?
Cabela's Equalizer 370 made by Excalibur- Zeiss Terra XB75
Matrix 380- Trophy Ridge Speed Comp XV530IR
Boo

Post by Boo »

Try 2" from where the riser meets the mainframe/rail and shoot over a chronograph.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

Boo wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:50 pm
Try 2" from where the riser meets the mainframe/rail and shoot over a chronograph.

Mine is sitting just a hair under 2" Doe Hunter check to make sure your bumpers are seated all the way in . They should be the same .
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
janesy

Post by janesy »

doe hunter wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:48 pm
thankks for the reply but the way I understand it your brace height from the riser is about 1/4 to a 1/2 inch . On mine Bulldog 330 from the riser to the string is 1 1/2 inches
Sorry, I'm talking about the distance off the REDs themselves.
Also yes there are two different lengths REDS bumpers. You will be equipt with the longer of the two.

Follow Boos advice, start at 2" from the riser, note the position off the REDs bumpers and go shooting.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
doe hunter

Post by doe hunter »

Thanks guys for all the answers. With the brace height of the bulldog being ok at 1 1/2 to 2 inches like Bcxbow said then the 1/4 inch from the reds everything is good. really like this outfit and again thank you all and have a safe and happy hunting season this year