slick tricks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

doe hunter

slick tricks

Post by doe hunter »

Got a brand spaken new BD 330 and some BEE 18" 284 to 286 grains was planning on shooting slick tricks viper trick at 125 grains but my fishing and hunting shop as the vipers on closeout at 28 bucks but are 100 grains would it really make that much difference
xcaliber

Re: slick tricks

Post by xcaliber »

384 total grains should be fine. I like heavier up front too for more FOC. If you get the accuracy you want, great.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
doe hunter

Post by doe hunter »

xcaliber wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:38 pm
384 total grains should be fine. I like heavier up front too for more FOC. If you get the accuracy you want, great.
thanks
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

That's funny how you mention that, I usually shoot 125 g5 montecs and strikers. But this year I was going to try 125 slick trick viper trick. I've shot the grizzly trick just to see how they fly and they flew great. Seen a lot of great comments about the viper trick😊😊😊
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

With that weight it sounds like you've got 92gr brass inserts up front. As long as you're not using Luminoks you'll have tremendous accuracy. The Luminoks are great but remove the percentage of FOC needed. I say try them and see for yourself how you like them. Don't forget to report back and let us know what you discover.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
doe hunter

Post by doe hunter »

thanks guy's and I will get back
doe hunter

Post by doe hunter »

did some figuring and the best I can figure is my FOC is 16.67 and that is with a 100 grain broadhead. so from what I have read on here that sounds fairly good :(
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I was shooting 100gr points on my 18" Zombies with 92gr brass inserts and plastic nocks and helical blazers out of my matrix 380. My arrows weighed 387gr and were crazy accurate. I think you'll be pleased with the setup.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.