100gr Spitfire

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Tennessee Rebel

100gr Spitfire

Post by Tennessee Rebel »

Got some 100gr Spitfires for thumping turkeys with my Banshee. Will they shoot to the same point as my 100gr field points?
deadeer

Re: 100gr Spitfire

Post by deadeer »

The responsible answer is to shoot to confirm. I just wrap about two tight wraps of electrical tape to hold the blades closed. On a positive note, I have never had a Spitfire shoot differently. Good luck.
Tennessee Rebel

Post by Tennessee Rebel »

deadeer wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:51 pm
The responsible answer is to shoot to confirm. I just wrap about two tight wraps of electrical tape to hold the blades closed. On a positive note, I have never had a Spitfire shoot differently. Good luck.
I've done the tape thing with Shwakers in the past. I kind of thought the Spitfires might open anyway. I will try that.
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

When I shoot my Spitfires, I wrap them several times with dental floss. Lighter than electrical tape to keep them as accurate as possible! They never open when wrapping them, but it is rougher on the target this way! Good luck!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

nap makes a spitfire practice head in 100 and 125 grain I have the 125 grain . I am trying the excalibur 100 grain xact this year as I don't really care for wrapping the blades with what ever to keep them closed during flight .
janesy

Post by janesy »

hunter with MS wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:27 pm
nap makes a spitfire practice head in 100 and 125 grain I have the 125 grain . I am trying the excalibur 100 grain xact this year as I don't really care for wrapping the blades with what ever to keep them closed during flight .
Ive never had to wrap or do Anything to an x-act. Although I never hunted with it. I did put the same head through 5/8 plywood a dozen times and its still accurate and huntable. Not much of a showpiece any more lol
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

All of my spitfires and. Xact cuts are field point same hole accurate as long as the shaft is straight and square. I just shoot and assure accuracy with a field point first. Spin check the broadhead is a good step also.Thats the beauty of these mechanicals,Along with being very safe in a tree or blind.My spit maxx are just devastating on turkeys ...shot 25 of em with spit maxx's only lost one to a bad shot.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
chilly_willy

Post by chilly_willy »

Spitfire practice tip and Spitfire broadheads both weigh 103 grains compared to 100 grain field points which are not always 100 grains.
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

Tennessee Rebel wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:34 pm
Got some 100gr Spitfires for thumping turkeys with my Banshee. Will they shoot to the same point as my 100gr field points?
yes they will, been shooting them for 20+ years now. some people hate it when this is said but its a fact
and has worked for me all these years. i sight in with target tip with the same 3 arrows that i will hunt with then screw on the spits and head to the woods with all the confidence possible
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvesteD
REVX
matrix 355
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
SWAT BROADHEADS
Boo string
Dagriz knife
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

double post :? :?
Last edited by Deaf jeff on Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvesteD
REVX
matrix 355
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
SWAT BROADHEADS
Boo string
Dagriz knife
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

Spitfire and RamCat broad heads are target tip accurate out to at least 40 yards, which is my personal hunting limit due to the variables that can come into affect beyond that. (wind, twigs, rain, blades of grass, ect)
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup: