adjusting the rubber string stoppers

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sonnyboy

flattened shoulder on nock end of the bolt???

Post by sonnyboy »

janesy, I also seem to get a dryfire even when the bow has a bolt in it. When the trigger is pulled, the arrow only go's about 20', an the string is held with the dryfire safety device. ??? The flat nock end of the bolt ,seems to have a flattened 12 o'clock flat angled shoulder in the nock. It happened once, so I thought it was me, another 30 or 40 shots, an it happened again. Today I used the second arrow of the 4 diablo's that came with the crossbow an after about 20 shots, wammm, it dry fired the bolt about 20' an was held by the dry fire safety device, an it now also has a flattened angle in the bolt nock end. It's almost like as if you would take a hammer, an a nice sharp corner on something made of metal, gave it a Wakkk right on the edge. That's how I would describe it......any idea's???. Is the 2" vein no stabilizing the arrow's oscillating at time of release????.......sonnyboy
W.Miguire

Re: adjusting the rubber string stoppers

Post by W.Miguire »

It has been my experience you have to make SURE that the arrow is ALL the way back against the string . sometimes it feels like it is there but feels kinda spongy pull it back and re seat it . it happens to all so recheck it on every shot . JMO
W.M.
janesy

Re: flattened shoulder on nock end of the bolt???

Post by janesy »

sonnyboy wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:07 pm
janesy, I also seem to get a dryfire even when the bow has a bolt in it. When the trigger is pulled, the arrow only go's about 20', an the string is held with the dryfire safety device. ??? The flat nock end of the bolt ,seems to have a flattened 12 o'clock flat angled shoulder in the nock. It happened once, so I thought it was me, another 30 or 40 shots, an it happened again. Today I used the second arrow of the 4 diablo's that came with the crossbow an after about 20 shots, wammm, it dry fired the bolt about 20' an was held by the dry fire safety device, an it now also has a flattened angle in the bolt nock end. It's almost like as if you would take a hammer, an a nice sharp corner on something made of metal, gave it a Wakkk right on the edge. That's how I would describe it......any idea's???. Is the 2" vein no stabilizing the arrow's oscillating at time of release????.......sonnyboy
I'm no expert on dryfires. It sounds to me like the arrow is not being seated 100% and the string is riding up over top of the arrow. That would explain the damaged nock at 12 o'clock.
Email me another pic if you like and I'll host and post it up for the experts to see
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme