nock end of bolt gets a flattened edge??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sonnyboy

nock end of bolt gets a flattened edge??

Post by sonnyboy »

I am using the diablo arrows I got with my matrix 380, an it seems that after 20 or 30 shots, I sometimes get a misfire with the arrow firmly placed on crossbow. The bow just hits the dryfire bar an the arrow only go's 20 yards or so. I also seem to be getting a flattened edge on the nock which I thought was the string getting around the arrow somehow, causing the dryfire with a fully loaded crossbow, with bolt???? I used my second diablo an shot about 20 times or so, an it happened again, causing a flattened nock shoulder, like somebody hitting a metal sharp edge an putting a flat spot on it?????..................whats up with this thing????..........sonnyboy :wtf:
janesy

Re: nock end of bolt gets a flattened edge??

Post by janesy »

Sounds like your arrow is not seated all the way and your string is riding over the nock. That would explain the flattened nock at 12 o'clock.
As posted in the other thread, I am no expert at dryfires, but if you like, send me a pic again and I'll host and post it for the pots to see and diagnose for you
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Sounds like your arrows not back all the way
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

:eusa-think: It sounds like the arrow is being seated against the ADF. :eusa-doh: Thus, the string is hitting the ADF (with a lot of force) and the ADF is pushing the arrow down range. If the ADF is on a slight angle from the arrow being seated against it, that would explain the flattened area of the nock. :shock: :idea:
A helpful hint, get in the habbit of 'slamming' the arrow all the way back and do a visual check that it is seated all the way back against the string. This is a great step to add to your shot sequence/process/routine. :D

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

paulaboutform wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:13 am
:eusa-think: It sounds like the arrow is being seated against the ADF. :eusa-doh: Thus, the string is hitting the ADF (with a lot of force) and the ADF is pushing the arrow down range. If the ADF is on a slight angle from the arrow being seated against it, that would explain the flattened area of the nock. :shock: :idea:
A helpful hint, get in the habbit of 'slamming' the arrow all the way back and do a visual check that it is seated all the way back against the string. This is a great step to add to your shot sequence/process/routine. :D

Paul
I agree 100% with Paul. The only way the string can be stopped by the ADF is if an arrow is not loaded back past the ADF.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Bcxbow wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:20 am
paulaboutform wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:13 am

Paul
I agree 100% with Paul. The only way the string can be stopped by the ADF is if an arrow is not loaded back past the ADF.
This is 100% correct. THe arrow folds the ADF back. If the string slipped over a correctly loaded arrow it would not engage the ADF.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
janesy

Post by janesy »

I assumed we were talking plastic nock for some reason.
Definately looks like the adf is hitting that. Are there marks on the ADF latch?

As per OP...
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

My bulldog did that to the nocks when I first got it, I took some very fine Emory cloth and smoothed the leading edge of the ADF arm that had an “edge” to it and the issue was solved. :think:
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads