I hit a mile stne yesterday

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mdcrossbow

I hit a mile stne yesterday

Post by mdcrossbow »

I dropped #400, and #20 for the year. She was a 2 year old doe. My son and I tracked her and she jumped up and ran back to where our stands were and my son quickly dispatched her so we didn't have to wait for her to die while I went to get the ATV.
.Jonathan my oldest is quickly becomeing a good bow hunter. He dropped 2 bucks this year and 4 does with his bow. And is taking in alot of advice on hunting technics and doing very well at it. He's my oldest at 22. Jon also would like to know if anyone has a crossbow for sale?
. We still have a month of hunting to go and still more people who want deer meat.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

DaveHawk their is one listed now see...post Exomg 2004 by dw..
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... php?t=7707
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Moreland

Post by Moreland »

Congrats on #400 Dave! I doubt i'll ever even see that many deer in my life.
It's not a Passion. It's and Obsession.
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Damn Dave :roll: save some for me..Infact dont come around here they probably just fall dead around you... :shock:

good job my friend eat up.... :wink:
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

Gary, thanks I'll get an E-maill off.
. Hoss, they don't drop dead but they do hyde. LOL
darkhollowarcher

re

Post by darkhollowarcher »

congrats Davehawk came thru your area over the holiday,sure has changed over the last few years.
Bob
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Congratulations on the milestone. On a side note, what do you do with 20 deer a year :shock: ??? That's a lot of meat.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
chessy

Post by chessy »

un like us canadains the usa is allowed to give meat to the needy people when i hunted in virgina the guys land i hunted on was 2 deer for me and 1 for the church .. it is a good system i would love to donate some of my meat to a organization that could use some good protien ... the number one thing those organizatons need is meat
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

It's a good idea. I just wasen't sure if one man could eat 20 deer :shock: . When I was a kid, any deer road kills which were salvageable went to a butcher to be processed and then given to the local food bank.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Congrats Dave. That is some kind of Milestone. You must have a very liberal season there. We are only allowed 1 Buck and 2 Doe per season, but we also have more than a Million hunters in this State so I guess thats why. Good eating. I have some jerky dehydrating now, the kids love it.
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

Our system is very liberial. Unlimited doe's and 2 bucks per season. I don't eat allot or not as much as I use to but I have a bunch of familys that ned food that I feed and I also give out meat to customers who pass through my shop. Even though I have taken 20 deer this season I have only taken 3 bucks , 1 with a bow and 2 durring muzzle loading season with my bow. I can still take another buck now that bow is back in for the reset of Jan. But I will mainly be taking doe's to try and nock down the doe population which is about 8 to 1.
(THE BLUE STAR)

Post by (THE BLUE STAR) »

Congrats :D :D Frederick
Frederick.. The Blue Star
wabi

Post by wabi »

My congratulations to you!
Sure is better to shoot them to feed people than to smash them with cars & trucks. I don't know why more states don't set more liberal numbers on what you are allowed to kill. In Ohio it's split into zones, and the most you can kill is one antlered and two antlerless (statewide) on regular tags. Urban & predation tags are available in some areas, but nothing close to me for the urban tags, and the predation tags are usually hoarded be the landowners that get them.
wabi
Tar Heel

Post by Tar Heel »

MILESTONE you ran a marathon, congrats on your 400th.

Tar Heel

All your arrows must be flying true.
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

wabi, the farmers who have depervations tags are looking for hunters to use them. There are mostly trophy hunters here as with every where so getting permits to hunt food crop damage areas in not much of a problem.