Recoil plate

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Neckknife

Recoil plate

Post by Neckknife »

Noticed the rubber missing from under recoil plate on left limb and not much tension on rubber on the right limb is this a problem? I really want to hunt the next couple of days.
Boo

Re: Recoil plate

Post by Boo »

If I had a Micro or Matrix, I would take them both off. It won't make a difference in the Micro and just a slight difference in noise in a Matrix.
In recent production, there is a gap between the rubber and the limb.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Neckknife

Post by Neckknife »

Maybe I'm using the wrong description it's the rubber between the recoil strap and the limb ok to shoot until I can replace it?
janesy

Post by janesy »

No you are using the correct term. What Don is saying is that in the new production bows there is such a gap that it doesn't really matter.
If it bothers you, and you don't want to wait go to the hardware store get some rubber and crazy glue it back on.

With that said, if yours is older production and doesn't use the spacers under the strap... You should get those.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Boo

Post by Boo »

Personally, I'd get ahold of Excalibur and have them send the parts but I wouldn't let this stop me from using the bow.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Neckknife

Post by Neckknife »

Thanks so much for the help. I'm hunting with it and will contact Excalibur tomorrow.