deleted

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Quickshot

Post by Quickshot »

Hoss, you are a terrific friend :) . All the best to Jack and his family, and all the best to you and yours in the new year.
enjoy the woods
Doug
Spring

Post by Spring »

Unfreakin' believable!

I just got to this post. Now I see what all the fuss is about.

Gray Owl makes a good point re: scam artists.

Someone else makes a good point that they don't need Grey Owl to look out for them. I'm with them.

Woody says if you want to contribute do so, if not, don't. Seems pretty clear to me, and it makes sense.

Woody again points out that Hoss has likely been around too long to be a scam artist.

Someone else points out Hoss ain't holding the money.

If I were a bettin' man I'd say Hoss is legit, and I can appreciate what he is trying to do. It is commendable.

I won't contribute. I'm glad its only an Excalibur that would make Jack happy. We'd have to dig a little deeper if Hoss thought Jack needed a Porsche. And as tough as Jack's situation may be, there are those out there more in need.

If I were to contribute it would come in the form of groceries. Groceries would take the load off the grocery bill and free up Jack's cash for other necessities such as paying bills as Jack saw fit. In my opinion easing his financial burden in this way would likely be helpful, and I'm sure Jack would appreciate it. Who knows? If things got real good he could buy his own Exomag.

You can eat groceries. Ya can't eat an Exomag.

For those contributing, I hope you reach your goal. The world won't end if you don't.

I think we should be careful how we treat each other. I respect Grey Owl's opinion. I disagree with how he presented it. Hoss didn't win any points in my book for how he responded either. And some responded in pretty much the manner I'd expect.

945 members? That's 945 points of view. The chance that from time to time we'll disagree increases with the numbers. Get over it.

How we disagree this post shows is an area we need to work on.

From what I've seen I'm not hopeful.

Cheers!
Boltejector

Post by Boltejector »

The fact of the matter is, each and every one of us could use help in one way or another.
Hoss is willing to ask us for help, some folks can get by with means of asking and recieving.
Some of cannot ask anyone but the lord to be healed, I respect him looking to us for help for a friend.
Nothing anyone says or does can erradicate the fact that he did so. I am proud of him and I look up to him for what he did and what he is doing.
Hoss you have my utmost respect. I cannot and will not ever feel sorrow for what I have said or done on this subject.

Post by Guest »

PLEASE cut the crap. You people are pathetically sappy. I'm gonna heave.

Merci (Thank you)
Boltejector

Post by Boltejector »

Just make sure you heave in the "guest" area, thank you.
FlyingAce

Post by FlyingAce »

Hoss,

After I broke my neck during my senior year in high school, my little brothers elementary school (he was a 5-year-old kindergartner at the time) had a fundraiser where many of the children chipped in the left over lunch money and allowance to help me save for a handicap van. I'll never forget those little kids. OK, I'm getting choked up now... :-)

Anyway, count me in for $20.

As far as collecting the money from all of the dominators, why don't we set up a PayPal account?
Jim Mace

"Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom." Gen. George S. Patton

Flying Ace Enterprises Inc.
[url]http://www.flyingaceinc.com[/url]
Moreland

Post by Moreland »

Guest...... go :?: yourself, Hoss is trying to do his friend a favour. And if we choose to help, let it be. Marketing Dude, where are you? I thought you we're gonna figure out a way to make these ball-less guests disapear?
It's not a Passion. It's and Obsession.
Boltejector

Post by Boltejector »

Here here moreland! Give er heck!
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Moreland wrote:Guest...... go :?: yourself, Hoss is trying to do his friend a favour. And if we choose to help, let it be. Marketing Dude, where are you? I thought you we're gonna figure out a way to make these ball-less guests disapear?
I'll second that,,
especially the guest go :?: yourself!! part

Harry
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
Boltejector

Post by Boltejector »

Do us all a favor and don't heave, just frickin leave!
gad

Post by gad »

Hoss,

I would like to have a friend like you. You don't want to worry about the people that loves to destroy good causes. I live in Brazil, and I have a lot of help (not money, just better arrangment of the things) from people that wants to help get my exomaX. Now it's in my hands. :D

Why don't solve this question as a simple way?

Hoss: your cause is good, but to get credibility you can arrange a way to provide a way to certify the other members of the forum about the donation of the crossbow, may be, after the donation, a encounter with members of the same state / near cities. It's very good to shut up the mouth of the bad mouth's owners.

I am in for some us$ (will donate it through wabi's paypal address) . I will never has a way to check it here from Brazil, but I will love to see a prove of the truth just to shut up that ones who never believe on good causes.

Just my opinion.
Mark

Post by Mark »

HOSS,

The stock is on its way, i would think it should arrive in three days or less let me know when it gets there.

I wish you and jack many good years of friendship. It does me good to know i have helped a friend also!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Regards Mark
Exomag ,Exocet,Micro 335
Scorpyd Ventilator
Gold tip laser bolts, Zombie Slayers,Spynal Tapp
Slick Trick, Rage, Magnus bullhead
Danny Miller Strings
Shoot a big one, Let the grunts walk
Guitarman

To Give or Not to give?

Post by Guitarman »

Well the answer for me was "I'd Love to, but can afford it".

As a single father of two small kids I have don't have alot of time or money. Cuz I work one full time and two part time jobs. Just to make up for a second income.

My friends all say "You are in charge of your own destiny" I wouldn't work all that time... Well thats the kind of father I am.. To me Jack is no different than alot of us.. We all have, and have seen others in need..including those who are really close to us.. which hurts.....

When I first read Hoss's thread I thought this really isn't the right place for this type of request...But He pointed this out in his words...that he thought about it hard before submitting it...

So the man acted on his gut instinct....right or wrong.... that takes alot of integrity...

Grey Wolf spoke his mind which was not wrong and none of us can pass judgement on him. I had some of the same thoughts and that is natural but like others said, its their money and they can do as they choose...

Hoss and Grey Wolf should not be engaging in any back and forth activity on here and everyone should let that dog lie down... We are all grown ups here.

Yes the opportunity does exist that others will be sending out their pleas for help, because it just goes to show that we all have a big heart of gold, even those who though Hoss may have been wrong in expressing his friends hardship to others. All Hoss did though is throw it out there.. right or wrong.... Others responded out of their hearts...... It's not easy being a parent, and Dads do go unnoticed alot of the time... Mom's are the big winners for obvious reasons...

Anyway, with all the hardships and conflicts worldwide, lets have some brotherhood here and all get along... Hunting is what we all have in common... and that is not in question...Nobody should quite or get uptight...

We also should not set back and critque wht others are doung or have done...

I am proud of all who did or did not contribute.....A great show of Cross Border Brotherhood........

Best wishes to all,

Happy New Year.

We all do our part one way or another..

Don't forget...IF YOU HAVE TINE DONATE BLOOD>>>> Thats why i am here to exist today..as I to need help in a big way Once Upon A Time..

Wayne, Amherstview. Ontario..

P.S. I had tears in my eyes to bro.... and still do... Its the good folk that we are...

Bye for now...
wabi

Post by wabi »

We are getting a good response through PayPal, and I have been emailing each donor an acknowledgement of receipt of funds, and sending a copy to Gary L. so he can add the name to the list and amount to his records. Please include your forum "handle" if you send the donation to me using PayPal. I had a time remembering Gad's handle. I could recall his coming to the forum, many of his posts, but couldn't think of gad to save me. Got it now :wink:
Thanks All :!: :!: :!:
wabi

Hoss - I mailed the calls for Jack this morning, you should have them if a few days.
wabi
Butt

Wanting to surprize a friend

Post by Butt »

I agree with you 100% stump. Lets let this pass and move on. :) Butt