Crossbow shoots in Ohio?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ExcalBeliever

Crossbow shoots in Ohio?

Post by ExcalBeliever »

For us Ohioans...any crossbow shoots to go to?

Thanks.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Excalbeliver, You should get together with wabi and i this spring for a shoot or two. I think our local club alows Crossbows..Shawnee bowmen in lima ohio.....i just havent gone up there to shoot yet. I made the trip down to Shawnee Outdoorsmen, about 2 to 2 1/2 hr drive for a couple shoots great people and a very nice shoot.
When the weather breaks maybe we can get together for a shoot!!!!!

Regards Mark
Exomag ,Exocet,Micro 335
Scorpyd Ventilator
Gold tip laser bolts, Zombie Slayers,Spynal Tapp
Slick Trick, Rage, Magnus bullhead
Danny Miller Strings
Shoot a big one, Let the grunts walk
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Bow and Barrel in Vermilion, Oh can get the info thru any of the IBO members here.. :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

lets see-Fairfield Sportsmens Association has a wednesday night 3D shoot all spring (after DST starts) through early September-6 bucks for 15 targets (includes hot dog type dinner) and xbows are welcome. They have some saturday shoots in early spring-late winter as well.

The OHIO STATE FITA ARCHERS (NAA) tournament allows TNC legal crossbows <95 pounds, recurve only, hand cocked no magnification)

My invitational (around xmas time) has an xbow division as does the Wittenberg Invitational this weekend

what part of Ohio do you live in

I hear Wabi's shoot was great-couldn't make it last summer : :oops:
ExcalBeliever

Post by ExcalBeliever »

Sounds Great Mark, Gary and Jim,

Mark, How's the stock coming along? I am patiently awaiting!

I figure Lima is the closest to me. I'm about an hour NE of Columbus.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Excalbeliever , Ordered the brown blank tonight after work, if things go ok and the wife dont go into labor this weekend :roll: I should be able to knock it out saturday. :wink:

Mark
Exomag ,Exocet,Micro 335
Scorpyd Ventilator
Danny Miller Strings
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

you will like Mark's work-Mark, I might talk to you soon about perhaps fixing me up a TNC style stock for a pb-the main issue would be an insert where I could screw in a palm rest just forward of the trigger guard.
Mark

Post by Mark »

No problem Jim, i have been wanting to stop by your shop for a while now anyway.

Regards Mark
Exomag ,Exocet,Micro 335
Scorpyd Ventilator
Danny Miller Strings
ExcalBeliever

Post by ExcalBeliever »

Sounds great Mark,

Jim, sometime in the future maybe we can stop by your shop. My wife has family just south of Cincy.

Sounds like a great excuse to see your shop!! :wink:

Also, the Vixen I got from you is getting a Total Makeover! When I get the new stock, I'll post some pics.

I still have the original curved tipped limbs and flemish twist Dacron string, haven't decided to keep them or sell them?
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

You can use the dacron string on the new limbs-you lose a few FPS but you get a softer shot IMHO. an extra set of limbs (or in my case several extra bows :D ) are always good to have-you won't get a whole lot of money for used dacron only limbs but the utility of having a back up set is far greater.

I replaced it with a new Vixen deluxe but I just ordered 5 of the New Phoenix bows at the ATA show. I will hunt next year with the vixen but I am going to set one Phoenix up as a STORE DEMO and I will use it for club 3D shoots this spring. My Fastflite exocet is what I use now-probably sell that unless I find it balances better than the Phoenix. My original exocet (circa 1996-97) is my back up hunting bow since its almost as easy to cock as the vixen and it being my first excalibur-it has lots of sentimental value.

Having an excalibur or two strung and ready to shoot at our range is how we advertise them-we have little retail space and until this year we normally didn't stock the bows since Danny gets them to us within two or three days. we made a buy of 5 this year because we joined a buying group and excalibur was a participating manufacturer.

we welcome people to visit us-please call since our hours can fluctuate based on school events (we have a soon to be 7 year old and my wife is the only daytime staff person at the shop). Our NORMAL hours during school year is

Monday-closed Tuesday and Thursday 10.30-2 and 6-8PM
Wednesday (League night) 6-8 Friday 10.30-2, Sat (Junior Program only 12.30-3) and then 3-8 (normal business) and Sunday 3-8. I am usually in the shop on Fridays, Wednesday evenings after 6.45 and Weekends. T/TH I run the Cincinnati Junior Olympians at a NG armory 15 miles away.

513-777-3888
wabi

Post by wabi »

Sorry to be jumping in so late, but I've been busy trying to fill my last deer tag, and my schedule has been something like hunt-work-hunt-sleep for the past few days :wink:
Not sure what Shawnee Outdoorsmen has planned this season, but as soon as I get a schedule I'll let everyone know. Until the end of January, or until I get one more deer it's going to be hunt-work-hunt-sleep :lol: :lol: :lol:
BTW - I did manage to shoot a small tree the other evening - maybe the anti's could use a slogan!
Plant a tree and save a deer!!!!! :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry:
wabi
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

Are these shoots strictly crossbow or compound as well
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
ExcalBeliever

Post by ExcalBeliever »

hunt-work-hunt-sleep
gotta love life!!

Good Luck...hope to shoot with you guys in the Spring!