2 for Me and 3 for my Exocet!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

patmax

2 for Me and 3 for my Exocet!

Post by patmax »

I got my second doe this morning. I won't show a pic because it is only slightly larger than the one I got Saturday.

I'm finding it difficult to put the feed out by hand then work my way back on the deer. "Friendly", my pet doe, is making it hard for me to hunt.
I had to move this morning because she snorted and stomped and generally kept me from hunting my first set. I got my shot by working my son's place and setting up between the feed and their bedding area.

This buck came within 20 yards - But the Buck season is over here.... I wasn't even tempted, I'm glad he made it and look forward to seeing his next rack.
Obviously, I did not take this picture today, but this buck was definitely here this morning.

I hope to take one more doe by Sunday evening.

Good hunting,
patmax
A.W

Post by A.W »

Congrats!!! :wink:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
axis

Nice...

Post by axis »

Patmax, way to go on that hunt. better get the hunting in, then you'll be ready for the House job coming up. You know about those Texas women.
Now is, now :!: . Not tomorrow. Good luck. :wink:

Axis :lol:
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Congrats. That will be a nicer shooter Buck for next year. Something to look forward to.
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

Nice job good luck on takeing another doe.
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

You could have taken "Friendly" if she was becoming too much of a nusiance :wink: :) .
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
patmax

Post by patmax »

Axis, you are right about the house baring down. I'm enjoying hunting while I can. I did not hunt any during the buck season - I wanted to waited for the late season doe - and now I'm loading up. Thanks for your line - we know those "Texas Women" (well as good as any man can and that is sure not total).

Golden Eagle, I probably wont shoot a buck until I'm ready to mount one - unless we have way to many and that is not likely due to the surrounding ranches that are hunted. I do have a good buck count coming back next year. I think it would be neat if in the future I could take a nice 10 or 12 point off my own property. It would be a dream come true. One exception to not shooting bucks would be some spikes that I want to see what they are next year. I had about 4 or 5 spikes that were longer on one side than the other. They were 1-1/2 years old. If they produce unbalance racks next year I will cull them. We will see.

Thanks WILDWINDOM and AW.

patmax

Ecoaster - you know I can't shoot "Friendly". Look at her laying there just outside the spam to the apartment (picture above). Besides she normally brings the other deer in to feed. She just gets a little hacked when she sees me in "camo". She only had to witness one hunt to get the picture.
STEELWORKER

Post by STEELWORKER »

thanx for the pics pat....sure wish the weather looked that nice here :roll: -----STEEL
wabi

Post by wabi »

Congrats!!!!!
Nice pics, too!
Sounds like the weather here in Ohio is going to change from wet to cold very soon! Still trying to fill my last tag, so not much forum time right now :wink:
wabi
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

nice pics
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Sure looks nice there. I'd love to hunt in a hunting rich heritage like Texas. Its colder than the arctic here. -39C this morning, with a wind chill it was -52C. But the bright spot the temp. is warming up to -6C by early next week. I've yet to figure out how animals survive these temperatures. Sure give you lots of respect for them.

Grey Owl