Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bucktail

Post by Bucktail »

Hi all.
I've been lurking for several months, reading all the forums and learning a lot about Crossbow Hunting and Hunters.

11 Nov.04 I made the big step and purchased the Excalibur EXOMAX, vari-zone, and GoldTip Laser 2's. 21 Nov. 04, I took my first deer with the EXOMAX, a small buck. He didn't go 20 yds. I have hunted nearly every day since and have not had any close enough to take a responsibile shot.

Yesterday I noticed that the finish on the inside of the limbs in the area of the dissipator bars, extending outward towards approx. 9" is cracked vertically and flaking off. There does not appear to be any cracks in the limbs, just the finish. Anyone else having this problem? I want to finish the season here in MD, and then I plan on calling Excalibur and finding out what they will to do to repair same. :cry:

Thanks, Bucktail
wabi

Post by wabi »

Can't help you with the Exomax problem, but WELCOME to the forum!
wabi
kev

Post by kev »

I see a couple minor paint chips on the edges of my limbs by the riser on my Max. It's a tight fit there. All my other bows are smaller and Deerhide brown, no chips. I figure the camo stuff is probably harder and brittle compared to the brown paint. I like the brown better than camo myself and would have bought the Max that way if possible. I might pick up some brown limbs and brown stock someday and change it. I'd prefer them all in black like the old Vixen.
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Welcome Bucktail to the forum. Way to go with the Exomax, now you have prime vension.

Grey Owl
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

deleted

LW
Last edited by LoneWolf on Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ontario Trophy Bucks
darkhollowarcher

re

Post by darkhollowarcher »

welcome to the forum bucktail,good luck with the rest of the season.
Bob
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Welcome bucktail to the forum.. :D as for the chips, yes contact Excalibur about it.. :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Digger

Post by Digger »

Welcome to the forum.8)

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
patmax

Welcome

Post by patmax »

Welcome to the forum, bucktail.

Go to http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... imb+damage this is a post by wabi regarding the "limbs flaking on Vixen".

patmax
Butt

Post by Butt »

Welcome to the forum Bucktail. About your paint chipping problem, a buddy of mine has a hardwoods camo Exocet 175#, his limbs are also chipping so I called Excalibur and they sent down another set of limbs no problem.

Butt 8)
(THE BLUE STAR)

Post by (THE BLUE STAR) »

Welcome to the Excalibur forum Bucktail.. :D Frederick
Frederick.. The Blue Star
huntman

Post by huntman »

One of my hunting buddies had the same problem with his exomax it was only a month old and there was cracking as you described. It kinda looked like the peel of the bananna coming of the bananna. But not that large in pieces. He went to where he purchased it and they replace the limbs at no charge! Hope that helps :?