Cost of feed

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Golden Eagle

Cost of feed

Post by Golden Eagle »

Just wondering what your feed is costing. I payed 12.00$ for a 100# of 12% Horse feed today and 7.00$ for 100# sack filled with ear corn. It will last me about 3 weeks.
kev

Post by kev »

This is the first year I've used feed. I did'nt start till December. I paid $6.00 for 50# of molasses corn $3.00 50# sack of feed corn.

They seem to hit the feed hard when theres deep snow, not so much after the snows melted. I think the molasses corn has EX LAX in it, as I've never seen so many deer dropings in my life.

My cheapo trail cam could'nt handle the last ice storm and cold spell and froze up, no pic's for me :cry:

I did find a real nice shed about 20 yds. from the feed a couple days ago :wink:
wabi

Post by wabi »

I can find shelled corn for anywhere from $2.50 to $6.00 per 50# bag locally. The $2.50 price requires driving about 20 miles, though. It's worth it if I pick up a couple hundred pounds (or more) per trip! Right now the critters eat 50-100# a week! I can put 50# in the feeder, and I have a barrel to store another 100# near the feeder. I keep the rest in the landowner's barn and use his tractor to haul it to the feeder. Nice to be on really good terms with the landowner :lol:
Got to hitch up his wagon and cut some of the downed trees (from the ice storm) sometime in the next week or so, might as well haul in some more corn at the same time. I find helping him with these little problems (like clearing the downed trees) helps him, keeps me in firewood for my shop, and keeps me on good terms with him!
wabi
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Smart Wabi, smart.

Grey Owl
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

I go thru about 50 pounds of shelled corn 6.00 dollars every three days.
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
Bucktail

Cost of feed

Post by Bucktail »

I pay $6.00 to $6.70 for 100# of shelled corn. The cheaper price if I buy 500# or more at a time. I usually hit all my spots on Sunday, using a small 4 wheeler where necessary, and then refreshing my spots when I hunt by filling a back pack and carrying in when I go to hunt. Works well for me. Some weeks I can use nearly 200# between the 6 stands I have up at this time. 3 deer so far this season doing it this way.

Bucktail