Outside the Living Room Tonight

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Golden Eagle

Outside the Living Room Tonight

Post by Golden Eagle »

8 bucks came in, in all toll. 19 deer all together. This Snow and Cold has em herding up.

huntman

Post by huntman »

Nice Pic Eagle!! Those bucks have still not shedded!
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

Nic pics we have them shedding here like mad.
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
patmax

Post by patmax »

Great picture Golden Eagle - thanks.

I've got some pretty good fair weather bucks here - I'll try to get some good pictures in the next week. I was surprised to have about five pretty decent bucks left after the season. They must have stayed within the development where there isn't much hunting.

Burrrr - your picture make me cold! I think we got to the mid 50's(F) today, the current temperature at 6:40pm central is 50degF. We aren't expected to have any freezing weather for the next week with highs going to 60 later in the week. I love the Texas Hill Country - I've been in Texas too long to be able to handle your snow. I've only see ice on small ponds thick (4") enough to walk on two times in my life and I'm 62. My hat is off to you guys that know how to make it through tuff winters.

patmax
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

There starting to shed slowly. I have seen one with no horns and another that dropped one.
Im hoping the one with no horns is the 10 point I saw a few times in archery season. So Ill have a big boy to hunt next season.
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

Golden Eagle,
Nice pics, where you at in sw pa? I'm in Beaver Co. Butcher
If you always tell the truth, there is nothing to remember. Mark Twain
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

nice pic. i was always under the impression that younger deer droped their antlers earier, does anyone know if this is true
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

The Butcher wrote:Golden Eagle,
Nice pics, where you at in sw pa? I'm in Beaver Co. Butcher
Almost up against the Greene county line on 18 south Butcher.
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Kenton wrote:nice pic. i was always under the impression that younger deer droped their antlers earier, does anyone know if this is true
Around here the bigger ones seem to shed earlier. I still see the little ones with there antlers in March sometimes while scouting for Spring Gobbler.
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

Golden Eagle,
My family hails from Crucible Pa, and I lived in Fayette county, in Farmington Pa outside of Uniontown for years. Just no work there. I hunt quite often near Florance in Washington Co. I live near the Power Plant here in Beaver co. If your going to be in the area, or need directions for anything around here, feel free. Butcher
If you always tell the truth, there is nothing to remember. Mark Twain
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

The Butcher wrote:Golden Eagle,
My family hails from Crucible Pa, and I lived in Fayette county, in Farmington Pa outside of Uniontown for years. Just no work there. I hunt quite often near Florance in Washington Co. I live near the Power Plant here in Beaver co. If your going to be in the area, or need directions for anything around here, feel free. Butcher
Hey Butcher. I know where Florence is. I used to hunt on a real nice piece of ground [about 400 acres] right outside of Frankfort Springs. Right on the Beaver county line. Took a couple real nice Bucks there. The owner has since passed away and I have no permission to hunt there anymore.
Take care.