Help ! Bad backs

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

raydaughety

Help ! Bad backs

Post by raydaughety »

For those of you with back problems, can anyone suggest something that might help me get a little more comfortable and stay in the woods a little longer. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I hunt from an outhouse ground blind and have a buckshot climbing stand. Any Ideas :?:
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

A good Back rest on any seat , and a hard bottom that you are sitting flat. Most problems tend to happen , when your support is unstable. Had the problems for years , the best treestand was a latter stand...BT
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
A.W

Post by A.W »

Ray. I lost two discs in my lower back back in '85. (Guy rearended my cruiser) Every once in a while it acts up on me.

I bought one of those black back brace things that the employees at Home Depot wear and I find that it really helps. Inexpensive and actually works.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Thanks A.W. I been a thinking of that one, but have never tried it..reckon it's time.. :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
chessy

Post by chessy »

this is what i try to do i have a spinal chip and i sometimes end up with a bruise on my back about the size of a soft ball . what i try to do is get a tree and prune it so that i am possisioned between two brances like a big arm rest and sort of put my arms over it and take weight off my lower back it works and those stands are used all the time weather deer or no deer ...better to be comfortable then restless in a tree
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Thermacare makes a disposable heat wrap that you wrap around your waist and it puts heat on your low back, works along time..I use them on bad days...They also work good as a alternate heat source..they are like those hand warmers you throw in you pocket..you can get them at the drug stores..pharmacys ect, :wink: they worked better than i thought they would..

Hoss
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

A.W. I use one of them when mine acts up. I have 3 purferated lower dics and every one in a while it gos. A good cussion on a hard stand works great. A good sling seat for a climber. In a ground blind you can get a soccer mom's chair.
A.W

Post by A.W »

DaveHawk wrote:A.W. I use one of them when mine acts up. I have 3 purferated lower dics and every one in a while it gos. A good cussion on a hard stand works great. A good sling seat for a climber. In a ground blind you can get a soccer mom's chair.
Yup. One of my better investments. :wink:

You can wear it over or under your clothing so that if your back starts over acting you don't have to strip down in the field.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.