Muzzy Broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

alhuntr

Muzzy Broadheads

Post by alhuntr »

I got a deal on some 100 grain Muzzy 3 blade broadheads, and I am planning on using them in the woods next week. I have been using expandables up until now so there has been no need to tune them. How do I go about tuning the arrows? Do the fletch and blades need to line up? If when tightened down the fletch and vanes are out of alignment how is the best way to adjust the broadhead? Any help will be appreciated.
Boltejector

Post by Boltejector »

I have been a lifelong Muzzy user and swear by them. There is no need to align anything, just make sure they are snug on the bolt. I too use the 100 gr 3 blade out of my Ten Point and they shoot fantastic, I use to use them in my PSE Carrera vert bow, and they too shoot as well as you can ask for. I am getting a new Exocet here within a couple weeks and I plan on using muzzys with that as well.
Git er done, and make sure it is done right!
buckmark

Post by buckmark »

I also swear by Muzzy broadheads, us them on both my compound and my exomag, Never had to tune anything, screw them on and away you go.
"God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me."
GA.crossbowhunt

Post by GA.crossbowhunt »

thats what i use on mine too. i shot buck this year at 25 yards and a clean pass thur. still cant find the bolt.
terry-1

muzzy

Post by terry-1 »

I shot the last 6 deer with my Exocet and goldtips with the 100gr 4 blade muzzy heads. all pass throughs, all had major blood trails , 4 deer were down in less than 50 yards two wer down in about 70 yards.
Dale Duryea

Post by Dale Duryea »

Same here I use muzzy 100 3 blade and have no trouble I use a emag and a max . They come with practice blades I would use them and see how they fly . I check my arrows with the heads on by spinning them to see if there is any wobble if there is I reset the head or get another head or arrow . A while back someone said the muzzys shot low if I remember correctly .as most of us said we have not had any trouble .I have taken boar and a few deer with muzzy all you can do is try them and see.
Dale Duryea
Woodsman

Post by Woodsman »

Before shooting any head, do a spin test on a hard surface and look for any "wobble". (Stand the head on its point, with arrow attached, and spin. It should spin perfectly.)

Some heads will not shoot to the same point of impact as your target/field points. Resight your bow accordingly. (My SlickTricks shoot to the same point of impact and my target/field points. Some other brands won't and need to be adjusted.)
Pete

The great outdoors is where I want to be.
Butt

Muzzy broadheads

Post by Butt »

I too use Muzzy's and have had great success. Three blade 100gr. and have always lined them up with the fletch. Never just screwed them on and shot them, I guess because that's what I was always told. When I'm building my bolts, I screw the insert on the broadhead first then apply the glue turning the broadhead as to make sure the glue is being spread evenly and line them up with the fletch and let dry. Every deer I've shot has been Muzzified. :twisted:

Good huntin "Butt"
shifty

Post by shifty »

I used a montec 140 grn out of my exomag this year and shot a moose dead center in the chest and he only went ten yrds. arrow penetrated36 inches in.