Black eagle factory fletched bolts

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

grizzly72

Black eagle factory fletched bolts

Post by grizzly72 »

Hi all, Just reading on here and it seams most prefer a helical fletched bolt. I am wondering if anyone can confirm if the factory fletched black eagle arrows are helical or straight fletched? Thanks
Boo

Re: Black eagle factory fletched bolts

Post by Boo »

Offset.
They shoot extremely well. My 405 can keep them inside of 1” at 50 and just over 1” at 50 with G5 Striker fixed broadheads. Helical will give you more spin but really isn’t needed until you go to bigger fixed broadheads and poor arrow/broadhead set ups.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
grizzly72

Post by grizzly72 »

Thanks Boo.. Your string is doing great I have spent alot of time in the stand this year with my Micro cocked and the serving looks great... So Boo you say offset, are these as good as helical? can ya kinda explain this to me a bit. I am assuming these would be ok but not as good as a custom bolt.
grizzly72

Post by grizzly72 »

I normally shoot the 150 grain boltcutters with my micro. I was thinking of trying some of excals new mechanical the trailblazer. I am assuming they would work good also. Thanks
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Yep, even the factory Executioners will do great for George! :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
grizzly72

Post by grizzly72 »

thanks dan
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

These are going to come with brass inserts up front, and the FOC will be much higher. You can use the 150 grain heads no problem, but you'll initially hit lower than your current set up. I use the 110 grain inserts with 125 grain heads, and I think the factory arrows use 92 grains in the front, should be shooting great!
grizzly72

Post by grizzly72 »

so I could even use 125 head if I want to
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

You could use 100 if you wanted to, you'll be around 400 grains total with 100 grain heads, I would use 125 though, especially if I already had them. Use what you got, just make sure you set your scope up to the weight you use.
grizzly72

Post by grizzly72 »

ok thanks
Boo

Post by Boo »

grizzly72 wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:26 pm
Thanks Boo.. Your string is doing great I have spent alot of time in the stand this year with my Micro cocked and the serving looks great... So Boo you say offset, are these as good as helical? can ya kinda explain this to me a bit. I am assuming these would be ok but not as good as a custom bolt.
Helical will give you more spin. So if your shaft isn’t extremely straight or your broadhead isn’t perfectly aligned, you’ll want more spin. This is more important when using fixed broadheads. So if you take a bad arrow set up that points your fixed broadhead to the right, a straight fletch will allow the arrow to veer off to the right. A mild offset will allow the arrow to spiral towards the target and multiple arrows wil possibly hit the target in a circular pattern. The more spin the tighter that spiral. An extreme helical will give you the tightest pattern or a smaller grouping.
The con is that you lose speed and possibly have more noise from the arrow. With field points, offset or helical will yield no difference in accuracy.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
grizzly72

Post by grizzly72 »

thankyou !
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Boo wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:29 pm
grizzly72 wrote:
Helical will give you more spin. So if your shaft isn’t extremely straight or your broadhead isn’t perfectly aligned, you’ll want more spin. This is more important when using fixed broadheads. So if you take a bad arrow set up that points your fixed broadhead to the right, a straight fletch will allow the arrow to veer off to the right. A mild offset will allow the arrow to spiral towards the target and multiple arrows wil possibly hit the target in a circular pattern. The more spin the tighter that spiral. An extreme helical will give you the tightest pattern or a smaller grouping.
The con is that you lose speed and possibly have more noise from the arrow. With field points, offset or helical will yield no difference in accuracy.
Don, we have to work on George. he's nearly convinced to make some after his season ends.
janesy

Post by janesy »

xcaliber wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:49 pm
Boo wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:29 pm
grizzly72 wrote:
Don, we have to work on George. he's nearly convinced to make some after his season ends.
Taking game with your own arrows is the most satisfying experience. I highly recommend you give it a try. It's not expensive to get into.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
grizzly72

Post by grizzly72 »

Yea maybe I should. Problem is I work a lot. Kids are into travel hockey basically almost year round. I usually cut firewood and plant food plots to. I will meet if there is anybody from southwestern pa that makes them that I could go watch and learn from.. oh and I forgot I like to drink beer to lol