Troll/Problem Children Purging

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Troll/Problem Children Purging

Post by Guest »

I'd bet my bottom dollar there are a number of members that have at least two, and probably 3, 4 or more fictitious screen names all from the same IP number. The resultant is unaccountability when they want to start sh*t.
Discovering them should be easily solved with a short program that does something called "polling."

When someone is found to be involved in this practise, their original and all subsequent characters they've created shall be purged from the member list. This action would cause them to have to register again.
You get the picture, right?? :twisted:

Punitive?? You betcha!! Needed? Damn right!!
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Carl your a man after my heart :lol: you never seem to let me down with your hardcore self..Im sure there is a few snakes in the grass lurking about like ya said.. Rock -On- Brother.. :wink:
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

get rid of all the Trolls!

Deadeye
Blood make's the grass grow, Owh-ay!
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

Good idea :!:
Evan

Post by Evan »

Excellent idea! Anyone who registers more than once from the same IP address is definitely up to no good!
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

[quote="Evan"]Excellent idea! Anyone who registers more than once from the same IP address is definitely up to no good![/quote

what if they have multiple personalities? aren't you worried that John Edwards might bring a law suit claiming that limiting a multi identitied individual to one name or handle would violate the Americans with Disabilities act or the federal Rehabilitation act :P
RichardS

Post by RichardS »

What about multiply users on the same computer????
-Richard-
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Good point Richard S.

I don't know why some people feel the need to control this forum. I agree with alot of the comments on trying to eliminate trolls, but the fact of the matter is that Excalibur owns this website. If you have a concern with forum access, contact the Administrator. That's his job, to deal with this stuff.

If someone does start sh*t, send them a PM and keep it off the main board. Like a good barteneder would say, "Take it outside boys!".

My 2 cents.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Boltejector

Post by Boltejector »

I agree. If you want to say something to me whether it be positive or negative PM me. No sense in dragging others into it.
Git er done, and make sure it is done right!
ALINALBERTA

Post by ALINALBERTA »

I don't know what started this thread. There is no more guest posts but some people still figure there is some kind of conspiracy to ruin this forum? I don't see it. Maybe I am not as enlightened as some on here.

Al
Boltejector

Post by Boltejector »

I agree. I think it was started (the thread) before the problem was erradicated.
ExcalBeliever

Post by ExcalBeliever »

I agree in the fact that this forum is the EXCEPTION and not the rule, thankfully.

Birds of a feather..so to speak...

Great info, good humor, close-knit group of bowhunters!!
New2Bow

Post by New2Bow »

I agree...was there a problem that I apparently missed? Since the deletion of guest posts I haven't noticed a problem? Great forum
in comparison to some of the others where rediculous squables get
more hits than the hunting or fishing related themes - very well run
forum here I think.
Let the ladies make bucks
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

I think carl gets parinoid every once in a while. Only busting your chops carl, don't get all huffy on me now. :lol:
. There is a problem on other forums but for the most part they get reconized fast and booted.
Boltejector

Post by Boltejector »

you mean Quickfirecarl?