NAP 100 gr. Nitrons, Anyone try these??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ExcalBeliever

NAP 100 gr. Nitrons, Anyone try these??

Post by ExcalBeliever »

I have come across some NAP 100 gr. Nitrons, got a great deal I couldn't pass up!!

Anyways, I've heard and read good things about these BH's, anyone have any first hand experience.

I was seriously leaning towards the Slick Tricks but I read too many complaints on the blades not being that sharp from the factory, I have experience with most of the NAP BH's (Thunderheads and Spitfires, and in the old days the Razorbacks-5's!!) and they ALWAYS are RAZOR SHARP from the factory.

Anyways your opinions are very welcome!!

The following link has tests on both the Slick Tricks and the Nitrons:

http://www.broadheadtests.com/FIXEDBLADEHEADS.html
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

He rated the SlickTrick right up there. I myself have not had any problem with the SlickTricks 100gr., and they all been sharp, nutten dull for sure.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

I have been shooting slick tricks for two years now and have ordered at least four sets with replacment blades and have never had a dull pack. I will not shoot nothing else!!!
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
ExcalBeliever

Post by ExcalBeliever »

Great!

One thing I have recently observed, these "new" class of BH's as compared to say the older style (Thunderhead 125, Muzzy 125, Wasp, etc)
have a "shorter" length to width ratio.

The Slick Tricks and the NAP Nitrons and the Montec G5's are so effective because of the fact that they are relatively short in relation to their width. Their blade angles are steeper than the older style. Thus, they cut just as big a hole as the longer BH's.

The BIG BENEFIT is that they both truly fly as well as field points.

I remember when the Thunderhead 100 gr. first came out, around 1990 or so, I hunted and killed a deer the previous year with a Thunderhead 125. The next year, 1991, I shot an 8-pt with the Thunderhead 100 gr. The hole was bigger than the 125. One of my buddys at the time explained it like this:

"..As the BH is first penetrating the deer's hide, the hide, itself stretches because it is elastic not stiff like cured leather. Once the blades make contact with the hide, the ensuing hole "opens" up further than the BH's diameter. The blade angle on 100gr. are steeper than 125 gr. This was always verfied on 3-blade BH's..."

I suspect the the new generation of short, "fat" BH's are creating relatively larger holes because of the steeper angles of the blades in relation to their ferrule.

Anyways, it is always fascinating how BH's work. Not too long ago, I used to hand-sharpen, then strop and hone 2-blade BH's to a razor sharpness. They were effective on deer, albeit if you shot them thru both lungs!
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

ExcalBeliever I am not familiar with the NAP 100 gr. Nitrons so can't answere how good they are..did not mean to take away from your question on anyone have any first hand experience with them.. I am sure some one has.. :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

ttt :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
dw

Post by dw »

i originaly recomended the slick tricks about 2 years ago but i have since switched to the muzzy 100gr 4 blade. the slick tricks were defintely not as sharp as the muzzy's and i could'nt get them sharp. the muzzy's however will slice you right open if your not careful, they also fly every bit as good as the slicks as far as accuracy.
"dw"
"you gotta love it"
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

I don't know what happened to your slick tricks dw, but I have cut mysely a couple times puting them on my bolts.. :( However now I use a BH tool.. :twisted: Still would like to hear if anyone has any experience
with the "NAP 100 gr. Nitrons"
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
STEELWORKER

Post by STEELWORKER »

so alot of you guys on here use the slick tricks?....im gonna definetly get me a few sets for next fall....i shoot the lazer II's out of the EXOMAG and i'm curious if you guys have a particular grain that flys the best. figured i'd ask before i order. THANKX 8) -------STEEL
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

DW are you ordering already used broad heads?? I can shave with the slick tricks i have got. I just got a replacment set for 2005 season got them in the mail today. And there just as sharp as a brand new razor blade.
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

125 slick for me Steel, Exomag shoots them well...
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

100gr Slicks for Exocert, Mag and 200Mag, Think I am going 125 Slicks with the Max but am still working on my setup for the Max... :?

Also use 100gr Slicks out of the Vixen. Another BH I have been using is Montec G5's, still playing with them.. :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
A.W

Post by A.W »

I use Slicks. 100. Cut myself a couple of times.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

dw Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:24 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i originaly recomended the slick tricks about 2 years ago but i have since switched to the muzzy 100gr 4 blade. the slick tricks were defintely not as sharp as the muzzy's and i could'nt get them sharp. the muzzy's however will slice you right open if your not careful, they also fly every bit as good as the slicks as far as accuracy.
"dw"

LOL, Maybe they dulled from sitting in customs so long? I know every time I try to take off, or put on a slick trick I get cut!!
PRB

Post by PRB »

I've shot the 125 grain montec a couple of times, whenever I get a chance to shoot, and I'm very impressed with accurracy. I also like the one piece design very much.
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!