micro accuracy results with different bolt weights

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Ankh

Re: micro accuracy results with different bolt weights

Post by Ankh »

Another 150 grain mechanical option is the swhacker. As with all broadheads everyone has their opinion/experience. I've watched all 5 deer I've shot with them drop within 30, most within 20 (so no reason to try another). I originally shot boltcutters and the 2 deer I shot both dropped within 50 yards (I switched because I wasn't getting good blood trails).

I did try one other 150 grain mechanical which I won't name as I made a poor shot (shoulder) and lost that deer. I am a firm believer in shot placement being the most important factor. Good luck and I retired my flintlock too for late season and that's resulted in the same amount of shots but a much better harvest per shot ratio.
Micro 335 nightmare, Axiom
Swhacker 150 grain, zombie slayers
Wants: micro ultra lite, adj. stock, take down, good trigger, good scope , low 300 speed to keep "cockable" w/out crank
xcaliber

Re: micro accuracy results with different bolt weights

Post by xcaliber »

I personally have found that 400 total grains of weight or more are the sweet spot for accuracy and penetration. Additionally I found that accuracy with fixed heads especially larger ones decreased with higher speeds. JMHO.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!