Boo arrow weight knowledge

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Ankh

Boo arrow weight knowledge

Post by Ankh »

I was observing your thread with another person on a different xbow forum. 1 quick question, wouldn't excalibur increase minimum arrow weight if that solved all limb problems for good? I understand the speed quest but I'm guessing a recurve can never obtain speeds that a compound can and surely excal knows that.

Thanks for your posts and intimate knowledge, it's both interesting and reassuring. I have a hunch that same fella was on fb under a different name in the past and you won't be able to convince him of anything as he seems to have a personal vendetta against certain companies.
Micro 335 nightmare, Axiom
Swhacker 150 grain, zombie slayers
Wants: micro ultra lite, adj. stock, take down, good trigger, good scope , low 300 speed to keep "cockable" w/out crank
Boo

Re: Boo arrow weight knowledge

Post by Boo »

I know a few guys who shoot 350 grains. They are looking for minute of deer at 20 yards and nothing more. They do not seem to have any serial problems. When I field tested the 405, Bill handed me the bow and told me to try to break it. I shot 1800 shots and half of them were 350 grains. I don't normally shoot 350. My minimum weight is 375/380 and that is for my 315 most of the time and it is a short range hunting bow.
The minimum weight is 350 because it works and you can bet that there is a small safety margin built into that. When you see some other companies show a minimum weight of 400, you got to wonder if maybe their bows won't take it. Mission uses 350 as a minimum.
Facebook should be renamed as Fakebook or Falsebook or maybe 4thhandmissinformation. It is a dubious place to pick up any info :wtf:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Boo wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:03 pm
I know a few guys who shoot 350 grains. They are looking for minute of deer at 20 yards and nothing more. They do not seem to have any serial problems. When I field tested the 405, Bill handed me the bow and told me to try to break it. I shot 1800 shots and half of them were 350 grains. I don't normally shoot 350. My minimum weight is 375/380 and that is for my 315 most of the time and it is a short range hunting bow.
The minimum weight is 350 because it works and you can bet that there is a small safety margin built into that. When you see some other companies show a minimum weight of 400, you got to wonder if maybe their bows won't take it. Mission uses 350 as a minimum.
Facebook should be renamed as Fakebook or Falsebook or maybe 4thhandmissinformation. It is a dubious place to pick up any info :wtf:
You're going the wrong way Boo! That 315 should get your heavier arrow. Me and Ashby say so :lol: Well...Ashby says so and I just tag along with him.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Boo

Post by Boo »

nchunterkw wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:12 pm
Boo wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:03 pm
You're going the wrong way Boo! That 315 should get your heavier arrow. Me and Ashby say so :lol: Well...Ashby says so and I just tag along with him.
I only use it now when my shot is 20 yards. But yep, you're right, If I wanted to shoot well past that, I would up it to 425/450.
The OP's question is will 350 damage the limbs or will more weight prevent limb issues.
Some people just like stepping on rakes