Which hard cases for Matrix?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

lituani

Which hard cases for Matrix?

Post by lituani »

Just might be taking Matrix 380 to Canada for moose hunt (very fitting, eh? Canadian product to whack a canadian moose 8) )

Which hard cases best fit Matrix family? I saw a Plano (can't recall model) at Cabela's over the weekend, but it comes with two tiny rectangles of foam and that's it. Cabela's website also has Plano Manta Crossbow Case which is more what I'm expecting.

Which hard shell cases do you have which are compatible with Matrix (hopefully also fits arrows, quiver, tool pouch, etc)?
Dominic

Re: Which hard cases for Matrix?

Post by Dominic »

there is the plano bowmax, but it is not very high and you may have to remove your scope.
Micro Bulldog 335
Micro 308 Short
BD 330
Woodstock 342 (Matrix)
Matrix 355 with 310 Riser
lituani

Post by lituani »

Dominic wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:27 pm
there is the plano bowmax, but it is not very high and you may have to remove your scope.
Two strikes against bowmax. You're an overachiever Dominic.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I have used a 36” tactical rifle case. Take bow down to a riser, limb and stock, rail, scope sub assemblies. Two bolts. Easy
Hatchet

Post by Hatchet »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:39 am
I have used a 36” tactical rifle case. Take bow down to a riser, limb and stock, rail, scope sub assemblies. Two bolts. Easy
I think I use a 28" Savior case for my Axe. These types of cases are excellent for carrying the bow and all the extras one might need while on a hunt.
Take care
Hatchet
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

The only down side to the tactical rifle case is everyone at the airport will KNOW it is a firearm even though it isn’t. Be prepared for some “ discussions”☹️
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I see negative feedback on the Plano Bowmax case for the Matrix series. Will it not fit? I had to trim some of the plastic out of the top of a Plano Spire case to provide room for the scope and it works great for a Micro. I'm wondering if the Bowmax case would work the same for a Matrix with a little trimming. I've had one on my want list for a while, but now I'm wondering if I need to consider something else. Comments?
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Normous

Post by Normous »

lituani wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:10 pm
Just might be taking Matrix 380 to Canada for moose hunt (very fitting, eh? Canadian product to whack a canadian moose 8) )
I have flown to hunting destinations with my Matrix 380 and simply removed riser to mainframe bolts and wrapped my hunting parka and bibs around my M380 and stowed it most securely and safely inside my rolling duffel travel bag with my other essential clothing.
A hard case would have been cumbersome the way I see it.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Dominic

Post by Dominic »

i used the bowmax for my matrix. The tower of my scope was always in contact with the cover of the plano. I didn't have an optimizer. I have to say that the tower of my scope is adjustable, so it is a bit higher. Maybe it fits with your setup.

Micro Bulldog 335
Micro 308 Short
BD 330
Woodstock 342 (Matrix)
Matrix 355 with 310 Riser
lituani

Post by lituani »

Hatchet wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:27 am
I think I use a 28" Savior case for my Axe. These types of cases are excellent for carrying the bow and all the extras one might need while on a hunt.
Take care
Hatchet
Never considered taking down my Matrix. I've heard others do it regularly, but I have not been able to bring myself to do it. Might have to do couple trial runs at home to see whether it affects anything.
lituani

Post by lituani »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:38 am
The only down side to the tactical rifle case is everyone at the airport will KNOW it is a firearm even though it isn’t. Be prepared for some “ discussions”☹️
We're driving to the point of float plane, and the only thing pilot checks is weight.

But, when I used to fly commercial with shotguns, I used my hardside SKB golf case. TSA loved that I wasn't advertising a firearm to the world. And, back when I was shooting alot in 2001-2004, your checked firearm did not count against your checked luggage count, so it gave me a freebie to include shells, shooting bag, vests, etc. I miss the old days of flying.
janesy

Post by janesy »

The Excalibur Explorer case is exactly what you need for a float plane trip.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

I use a Plano Tactical all weather hard case. It has pluckable foam which I plucked after tracing around around the stock frame after removing the limbs. After the foam was plucked I placed the crossbow in the case and set the limb assembly on top after removing the stirrup. I did do a little trimming so that the bottom of the riser and limbs sit down just a little in the foam. I also have foam plucked to provide a spot for the cocking rope.
The allen wrench and two bolts that secure the riser are pushed down between a couple foam pieces
If done right and you have a small quiver it is possible to create a spot for that as well.
Arrows can be placed between the bottom and middle foam if everything is arranged perfectly.
I absolutely love the case and rarely use my Matrix Tombstone case because of the extra protection, as well as space needed.
flightattendant has some pics that can give you a good starting point.
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup: