Oldest forum member

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Sliver

Post by Sliver »

ExcalBeliever wrote:I suppose I'm stuck in the middle, too!!......42 and grey-haired... :roll: :wink:
I am with you ExcalBeliever,, I'll be 42 on the 26th of this month..

Grey Hair ? Whats left of it anyway :wink: :lol:

Harry
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
patmax

Post by patmax »

I'm 62. I bought my Exocet because I did not enjoy taking deer with a gun on my small acreage. The crossbow has added a challenge. I took 2 doe and a spike this past season. I could have easily taken an eight point, but did not want to kill a mature buck.

patmax
Richard

Post by Richard »

I'm 31 and just bought my third Excal within one year. I bet my grandchildren will inherit a lot of crossbows some day... :wink:
Bucktail

Oldest forum member

Post by Bucktail »

I'm 65 and 9 months. Purchased EXOMAX 11 Nov. 2004,and have taken two deer with it so far. Just shot the Phoenix up at Harrisburg show yesterday. Really like that bow. Really easy to cock by hand. I'll have to start a collection like some of the orthers on the forum :D .

Bucktail
Old Kid

Post by Old Kid »

I'm only 75 er... 57 and dislexic (sp).This past season my vixen & I took 2 does & 2 bucks. I also borrowed my wife's exocet & took 2 additional bucks. :D :D
If it's ain't fun ....don't do it !!!
Newbi

Post by Newbi »

Turned 58 the end of January. For my BD I got a case of pneumonia. Just beginning to get well now. It made me feel 80, but on the rebound.
QUANDO OMNI FLUNKUS MORITATI (When all else fails, Play dead)
Genesis 27:3
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

I'm only 20
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
Fred S

Post by Fred S »

Heh Guys:
Thanks for the congrats. At 72 I feel more like 50 than 72. Must be I don't know what 72 should feel like.

I wasn't fortunate enough to get to go hunting this past season. My buddy (72 also) had knee surgery and wasn't able to go, and at our age, the buddy system seems like the way to go. We'll give 'er H--- next year though. Have an Exocet loaded with all the goodies and love it. Used to hunt with a regular compound, but, well, even that's too much any more..................Maybe I am feeling like 72 since my back surgery restricted it's use.
HAPPY HUNTING
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

Fred S wrote:Well Guys, I'm 72 and hope to get to 73 this coming October
I use to think 72 was up there but my father-in-law is 72 and he can put in a harder days work then me, (I'm 37 and in good shape, or so I keep telling my wife :wink: ). My father-in-law just keeps going and going.

Hey Fred, how long have you been hunting? Any story on the nicest deer you have taken in your hunting career? :)

Nick
dw

Post by dw »

43 here
"dw"
"you gotta love it"
Duey

Post by Duey »

I am 65 yrs and 7mos still going strong. I got 1 doe with my Exomag this year but could have shot more but we are trying to get larger buck's in the area we hunt.
best to all

Duey
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

I can only think about all the storied that would be told around a camp fire if one ever got lit for all of us. LOL
Fred S

Post by Fred S »

Not too many "stories" to tell. Been hunting deer since I was old enough, 'cept for the army days. Shot 'em with everything but a slingshot. Had many nice hunts with fellow buddies, who of course had lots of stories, most of which they couldn't prove. Never was lucky enough, or smart enough, to get Mr. Big, but of course never gave up. Had a brother in law who didn't shoot when we drove a small thicket one time. It was very cold and he was stationed at the end of the thicket while the rest of us drove it. I jumped a nice buck out of his bed and it ran directly towards where my brother-in-law was supposed to be. Didn't hear any shots from him and when I got to where he was and asked him why he didn't shoot, he said he couldn't. Asked him why and he said his gun kept hitting the tree. He had climbed into the center of a clump of birch trees to try and keep warm and when he brought his gun up it would hit the trees. The buck ran right in front of him.....Go figure
HAPPY HUNTING
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

Im 33 be 34 in march.
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
rigbymi

Post by rigbymi »

I'll be 50 this May. I took my best buck this year and started hunting when I could walk along side of my dad. This was my first year with the crossbow and I saw plenty of deer, but they all were just out of range.
Riggs