what new crossbow ?????

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

speedball

what new crossbow ?????

Post by speedball »

allright what do you guys think should i buy the tenpoint qx4 or the exocet 200 or exomag200??, i probably can get the tenpoint for a good price very lightly used from a freind, so price isnt a factor for me, go on tell me im crazy for even considering anything else than an excalibur, tell me pro's and con's thanks speedball........ :lol: :?: :?:
gone huntin never to return................
Boltejector

Post by Boltejector »

Well I have both, and I look to the Ten Point for stalking and walking around. But if you are going to sit in a tree and have no worries about width of the bow, I would reccomend the Excalibur. Both pack more than enough punch.
Git er done, and make sure it is done right!
Jim C

Post by Jim C »

tenpoints are good bows. However, if you bust a string or a cable, you will need a press or alot of time to change it out. excalibur-1 minute max.

that is enough of a reason to choose the excalibur
Boltejector

Post by Boltejector »

I agree. But not many things if any do go wrong with the Ten Point. They are made well.
speedball

Post by speedball »

what kind of speeds can i get out of a 420 grain 2219 with the exomag?, the tenpoint shoots 310 to 313 all day
Boltejector

Post by Boltejector »

About the same speed I would think. More experienced fellers can help you more. Keep in mind you do not need more speed than 310-313.
Bucktail

what new crossbow ?????

Post by Bucktail »

Speedball,

Now about 2219"s 463 to 466 grs. with 5" feathers at 321 fps (Avg) all day long with the ExoMax. And I mean all day long!!!! :D

Bucktail
dw

Post by dw »

your looking at 185lbs vs 225 lb . that's a lot of extra poundage to get just 8fps more with the same arrow.
"dw"
"you gotta love it"
Digger

Post by Digger »

I believe Ohio has a limit of 200#s for crossbow hunting.

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
speedball

Post by speedball »

you are right ohio's limit is 200lbs so the exocet or the exomag would have to be it ,the arrow performance chart on Excalibur's website says 424 grain shot out of a 200lb exomag shoots 314 fps thats good enough for me, how loud is the bow going off using that combo???, i like 2219's and also carbons, but my recent experience with bolts is with 2216's, any answers anyone???
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Well the noise factor is moot as far as TenPoint vs Excalibur, with any xbow the stock is against your cheek and they will sound about the same.

On the other hand the Elite qx4 is quiter and shoots a 424gr. at 314-315 fps. If you been shooting 2216's out of a tenpoint you be too light innless you have it loaded with 125gr heads or better.

If you want ease of care and no down time sooner or later go with the Exocet or Phoenix. That about answer's all your questions I think.. :wink:

Quote: "what kind of speeds can i get out of a 420 grain 2219 with the exomag?, the tenpoint shoots 310 to 313 all day"

Only if you are shooting a newer TenPoint, the later models only do around the 305fps, the newer front/prod will do 310-315fps slightly different set up... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
speedball

Post by speedball »

thanx garyL, no i'm shooting a horton yukon with 2216's and i'm looking to upgrade my crossbow, i've been a compound shooter for years but 20 years using my hands at work has given me bad carpel tunnel in both hands and elbows, i have to switch before i cant practice with compound at all, its a shame since i just bought a 2003 bowtech patriot last season..., but now i gotta sell it
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

With that problem make sure you get a crankaroo or the accura draw to cock the crossbow of your choice. With carpel tunnel in both hands and elbows it may give you a painfull time cocking the xbows.

I have had the Stealth X-2 TenPoint one fine Compound xbow and have a QX-4 Elite sitting here now, also a super compoud. But my heart is in the Excaliburs... :D :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
speedball

Post by speedball »

why the allegence to excalibur is it the ease of care or just accuracy
Boltejector

Post by Boltejector »

Gar lets work on our biasness!
Just kiddin, they are both great shooters and there is a place for boths usefulness.