Bolt holder

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mailman

Bolt holder

Post by Mailman »

My vertical bow had a arrow holder so it would not fall off the rest. Does the xbow have a bolt holder so it doesn't fall off?
DOXNUT

Post by DOXNUT »

Excaliber does! It s black peice of spring steel in front of the trigger assembly. Hasn't failed me yet!
Mailman

Post by Mailman »

Thank You
STEELWORKER

Post by STEELWORKER »

THE excal bows hold the bolts extremely tight against the deck, not a problem.-------STEEL
steve

Post by steve »

over time , the spring will weaken. I always check that my arrow has not slid forward. Missed a easy shot once because of that. :cry:
curmudgeon

Post by curmudgeon »

I had a bolt fall out of a Great Lake Serria xbow when held in a vertical position from my treestand last season, may have been a weak spring, don't know,as I had borrowed it. I checked this on my vixen, it held the bolt tight.
Mailman

Post by Mailman »

THANK YOU ALL
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Just a word of caution. One night when I was taking off my string from the limbs, I was using my "destringer", not sure if that's the correct wording. Its the black stringer with the two square plastic holders that go around the mag limb tips. Anyway, I wasn't paying attention and accidentally brought the destringer over top of my bolt spring holder. I bent the bolt holder, but it seemed to bounce back into shape. Not sure if the spring can be permanently damaged, but don't want to find out.

Grey Owl