USING STRING LEACHES ??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GREYWOLF

USING STRING LEACHES ??

Post by GREYWOLF »

:?: Has anyone tried using (limb saver string leaches ) on a MAX ?? and have they helped at all . Thanks
GREYWOLF
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
jdalenis

Post by jdalenis »

I have used them and they quiet down the xbow, but they don't hold up very long. Also I think they slow you up some.
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

deleted

LW
Last edited by LoneWolf on Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ontario Trophy Bucks
Digger

Post by Digger »

String leaches, tarantulas, and fuzz busters only slow down your bolts, and look like $hit on your string after a few months of shooting.The more powerful the xbow the faster they deteriorate.

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

L W , I agree I know they dont last long in my vert.s , I think mabey the stabilizer route might be a better way to quiet it dow a little
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

deleted

LW
Last edited by LoneWolf on Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ontario Trophy Bucks
Boltejector

Post by Boltejector »

Better yet, wear earplugs cause the deer or what have you is never going to know what is enroute!
Git er done, and make sure it is done right!
Tom

Post by Tom »

GREYWOLF wrote:L W , I agree I know they dont last long in my vert.s , I think mabey the stabilizer route might be a better way to quiet it dow a little
For my money I would not buy anything anymore to silience my bow other than the Diss-pads. I use trantulas because I have them already. You will be surprised but the arrow will make more noise in flight than release of the bow. But speed will eliminate string jump, the arrow will get there before they have time to react. That is why 30-35 yards is a respectable range on any deer.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
BOB VANDRISH

STRING LEECHES.

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

Have any of you guys ever used the Limb Saver Ultra sound dampening buttons that fit on the limbs of the crossbow?
Sims Laboratories claim that they reduce the sound level by 20 decibels,which is a BIG number in sound dissipation.
They also sell a rubber leech,for the string,and I will be trying all of them as soon as I get back home from Florida!
82 F and sunny down here-I guess that's a bit different from Brampton right now!
Bob.
Bob Vandrish.
DOXNUT

Post by DOXNUT »

Myself, I gave-up on trying to queit the string. Most silencers I have tried self-destructed after a few shoots. Or they reduce my velocity alot, for the amount of sound they reduce.
jdalenis

Post by jdalenis »

I used the Simms Leaches and they work well, but they last about 20 to 25 shots, then they come apart.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

What's the point of this "silencing" stuff? Game animals have far more acute hearing than we do. We could NEVER silence the bow to the point that an animal CAN'T HEAR IT. So, what's the point? The animal hears an unnatural, mechanical noise, or a somewhat louder, unnatural, mechanical noise.

Like the wise man says, the bolt better get to the animal before he gets to react much to the sound. Eliminating some sound is USELESS unless it is lowered to the point that game can't hear it at all. That ain't gonna happen.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Allan

Post by Allan »

I have heard that one of the best ways to reduce the noise on your bow is to replace the stock with one of Marks.
PRB

Post by PRB »

I cant speak for any string leaches, but it did seem to help when I stuffed the hollow space in the rail full of the material in the picture. Its actually used for sound proofing in the car doors of Saturn cars. I also made a field tip target from it. I would think that just about any type of fiber insulation type material would work. I put it in there more for my satisfaction rather than being concerned with what the deer hear. Hope this helps...... I guess Ill forget about the picture for now. I cant seem to get it to come through.

Here is the picture of that stuff I use Image
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!