Point Locker??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BUCKSHOT

Point Locker??

Post by BUCKSHOT »

I was thinking about how many times I have had a field point or a Judo Head come loose in the bolt. I have never had trouble with the
Slick Tricks. (Head selection is limited for now)
Lord knows I wouldn't loc-tite them in to keep them there so I was wondering if it would be a good idea to use a small O-ring between my points and my bolt to achieve this goal!
I figure if you used them, you could lock the heads enough to hold them without the use of tools and remove them quickly and easily if need be.
I think I am gonna give this a try as it seems it should work well. Many times the heads tighten up, just as they are seating, yet they are not fully seated, thus I have used slip joints to finish the job, and I don't like to do that! Also I check them before each outing and often find that they have come a bit loose, when they should be tight!
Forgive me for my ignorance but is there something on the market that is used to rectify this problem? Or is a trip to the hardware store in order?
TIA
Shoot Straight! :wink:
Enjoy the Harvest!
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

deleted

LW
Last edited by LoneWolf on Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ontario Trophy Bucks
bj

Post by bj »

it's amazing what just a little string wax will do for you on both field point and broadhead threads ! :wink:
JR

Post by JR »

i use alittle of the wifey's clear nail polish. Just a bit and you can still take the field points/broadheads off by hand. I used this many years while competing in 3d tourneys. Just my $0.02 -JR
Stock Exomax and now a Micro 335. :)
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/thebuckhunter/smiley_561gun.gif[/img]
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

If your broadheads are working loose that may well mean that the blades weren't properly seated, and if so, you shouldn't be forcing them by tightening the head into the bolt, nor should you be using adhesive on the threads.

Anyway, it's no big deal to check each bolt as you use it and tighten it if it needs it, is it?

EDIT

Oops! I see it was your field points NOT your broadheads that were the problem :oops:
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Sam In Northern ont

Post by Sam In Northern ont »

A little white out on the threads does it for me. Sam
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

A drop of clear silicone does the job well a little trick from dad.
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Ayep :!: :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
BUCKSHOT