Pictures from Grey Owl

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ExcalBeliever

Post by ExcalBeliever »

Nice!
Well, I talked about this place enough, time to post it. Hopefully one day I can have some of you guys from the forum come out and hunt Whitetails.
That would be too cool. An Excalibur Whitetail Extravaganza........
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Armadias

Nipawin is about 3 hrs. due East and a little North from where we are, it sits right on the edge of the Northern Boreal Forest. Tobin Lake is right at the dam, world class fishing (Walleye), in fact the world record Walleye through the ice was taken just before Christmas by a minister.

Piney

Supper's is always ready.

Lonewolf and Sliver

Land is fairly cheap, as compared to where most of you forum members live, $20,000.00-$30,000.00 Can. for 160 acres.

Woodsman

Yes there is moose on our place, only problem you have to be drawn for them, to close to the city to be a open licence. I'll post a nice set of bull moose antlers I found on our land.

Grey Owl
huntman

Post by huntman »

Nice property grey owl! After seeing those photos i asked my wife we could move to Sask :wink:
steve

Post by steve »

looks nice Grey Owl, how did the rainbow trout make out?
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

beutiful pics
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
Maritimer

Post by Maritimer »

Wow, it looks like a nice place to roam around to get away from it all, but at the same time scouting for deer. You must get really excited just before hunting season starts, I know I would.
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/Maritimer/Junk/doggy2.gif[/img]
We did not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

Nice pics Neil...

we'll get out to see you someday.... :wink:

cheers,

Mikey Vee

Post by Guest »

Sweeeeeeet!! Lucky guy!! I'm envious!! :wink:
Good luck keeping trout in those ponds if you have any otters around. They can clean a pond out pretty fast. They're a real problem for aquaculture here.

What type of trees make up your forest?? I have no idea, but I'd guess Aspen and Fir.

Nice looking country!! 8)
Quickshot

Post by Quickshot »

Great pics Grey Owl. Thanks for sharing.
enjoy the woods
Doug
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Steve:

To tell you the truth Steve, I never had time in the late fall to net them guys out. Oh, Well!! $335.00 bucks down the friggin tubes. But at least the loons and cormorants, got a good feed.

Maritimer:

I certainly do get excited, anytime I can leave the city, yep, I get excited.

Red Label:

If I ever get that cabin built, Mike, that'd be a good plan.

Carl from Vermont:

Luckily we don't have Otters, at least where we are, but we do have Beavers. They don't eat fish, but they do make the water murky enough so the trout have a hard time seeing their food. As far as trees Carl, predominately its consists of White and Black Poplar (trembling aspen), birch, and Spruce. My wife, kids and I have planted Scots Pine, Jack Pine, Colorado Blue Spruce, Larch, Maple, White Ash, and Burr Oak, about 1500 in all, some of them are having a hard time though. We get them for free, from Saskatchewan Power, so its not a big deal. Its our Utility Company's way of seqestering carbon sinks to fight air pollution (carbon dioxide).

Grey Owl
Cousneddy

Post by Cousneddy »

WOW, That is a awesome place! You are blessed to have such a place to go to. I would post some pics of theses Alabama clearcuts, but don't want to make you sick at your stomach :cry:

Ed
Boltejector

Post by Boltejector »

Grey Owl. The beaver can be taken care of easily with a 330 conibear and some castor for lure.
Git er done, and make sure it is done right!
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Been taken care of, Ruger 10/22 with a 25 shot clip, extra long bullets, not one left. Typically I don't do this, butttttttttttttttttttt....... them little beggers are very destructive, a family of them can literally wipe out every tree 75-100 yards from the water edge. They've damed up an area with a chain of sloughs, and completely cleared every tree any where near the water on one of my quarters. Mother nature also helped me out these last few years by throwing consecutive severe droughts, thats what really done'em in. Trees now are starting to grow back, should be good for a few years anyway. Also trapping is not like it use to be, people just don't wear furs any more.

Incidentally most of the beavers I shot were taken in the very early spring, just when the ice was melting and receding. I then gave them to the only trapper I know up there.

Grey Owl
Boltejector

Post by Boltejector »

Beavers here in Mn still fetch me $10 and 25 for bounty.
Git er done, and make sure it is done right!
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

They do that here sometimes Bolt. The rural municipalities would rather pay a bounty, in problem areas, then spend huge money bringing in heavy equipment to rebuild roads.

Grey Owl