What is your experience with climbing stands?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gad

What is your experience with climbing stands?

Post by gad »

Please, if I ask some dumb question, you may laugh a lot! :lol:

Can you put these kind of equipment on a tree that is not at 90 degrees ?
I am interested on a cheaper, but safe , of course, model.
Brand? Model? Any suggestions? 8)

Thanks.
STEELWORKER

Post by STEELWORKER »

gad, i use an API BOWHUNTER stand, and in my opinion it grips the tree like a bear.i have climbed my share of trees that most people wouldn't climb cause of the shape, crooked,thickness,...whatever. the only drawback that i've found with this stand is it seems the platform is a bit small. but im 6'1" with size 13 shoes though. also after 4 hours hanging in the tree the seat tends to get a bit uncomfortable but i modified my seat a bit. overall i love this stand and wouldn't leave the house without it!!-------STEEL
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

I have a lonewolf sit and climb. as long as you can hang on to it when climbin crazy trees that thing will climb anything you can get it on even a steel pole. Its light, quiet, strong (I wiegh 2500 and light to carry about 18 pounds. Comfort level is good and saftey is great. I love it but see its all in what your use to...
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

deleted
Last edited by LoneWolf on Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ontario Trophy Bucks
STEELWORKER

Post by STEELWORKER »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Maritimer

Post by Maritimer »

Good one Lone Wolf :P :P :P
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/Maritimer/Junk/doggy2.gif[/img]
We did not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
gad

Post by gad »

Thanks guys for all the replies. Anymore experienced on climbing stands?
curmudgeon

Post by curmudgeon »

:o That's quite a Hoss. lol.
I like the Northstarr stand, very light, very safe, no matter what you use, use a safety belt. Chk out the Northstarr website.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

LoneWolf wrote:
Hoss wrote:I wiegh 2500
Holy smokes Hoss!... Did ya gain a bit of weight or what ?.... :shock: :wink: :lol:
Man Hoss I don't know what she is feeding ya, but it must be GoooooooD :!: :lol: :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Deleted
Last edited by LoneWolf on Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ontario Trophy Bucks
wabi

Post by wabi »

I have a Summit bushmaster and it is a very well built solid stand. I have actually used it very little though, as I much prefer my ladder or hang-on stands for actual hunting. I usually hunt private land where it's a pretty low risk of theft, so it's much easier to have a stand set up and ready to use when I get to the hunting site.
I keep the Summit in case I want to use it to set up on a new location for an evening or two just to see if it's a good spot. If it looks promising, I can then hang a more permanent stand there.
wabi
gad

Post by gad »

About the shape of the trees that these stands can be used on: only in trees that are 90 degress with the ground? They are somewhat adjustable previewing use on "deformed" trees?

Thanks for all that has giving me answers.
LoneWolf

Which type of stand is best for that tree ???

Post by LoneWolf »

deleted

LW
Last edited by LoneWolf on Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ontario Trophy Bucks
JUSTANUFF

WHICH CLIMBER?

Post by JUSTANUFF »

I HAVE BOTH LONE WOLF SIT AND CLIMB AND OLE MAN VISION.I PREFER THE OLE MAN.IT MAY BE A LITTLE AWKWARD TO CARRY,BUT ITS NOT A BIG DEAL.FOR ME IT IS MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE THAN THE WOLF WHICH IS SOMEWHAT A SQUEEZE,ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE GONNA SIT A LONG TIME.GOES UP QUIET,IS STABLE,AND OFFERS YOU THE OPTIONS OF HUNTING FACING THE TREE AS WELL AS A SHOOTING RAIL IF YOU TURN THE UPPER PORTION OF THE STAND UP.BEFORE YOU MAKE A DECISION I WOULD ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY ONE OUT
JUSTANUFF

Post by JUSTANUFF »

COUPLE MORE POINTS I FORGOT TO MENTION ABOUT THE OLE MAN VISION CLIMBER....YOU CAN CLIMB BIGGER DIAMETER TREES ,THE LONE WOLF IS LIMITED IN THIS AREA....AS MENTIONED BY SOMEBODY ELSE,,,LONE WOLFS I ARE EXPENSIVE(OVERPRICED) FOR WHAT THEY OFFER.YOU COULD ALMOST BUY 2 OLE MANS FOR THE PRICE OF A LONE WOLF.TRY LOOKIN ON EBAY FOR AN OLE MAN.YOU REALLY NEED TO TRY EACH ONE IF POSSIBLE AND DECIDE FOR YOURSELF.THE OLE MAN IS NOT THAT MUCH HEAVIER EITHER.