Lady Members

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

huntingchic

Post by huntingchic »

No dad hadnt banned me from the forum, I just didnt get a chance to hunt in the '04 season and all the posts seemed to be about everyones success stories, and I didnt have much to say so I just stopped reading and posting... but i'm back now!
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Hi huntingchic!!. Sure nice to see the younger generation involved in hunting, something that's been done for say, OH............. 40,000 years. My son "Little Owl", came hunting with me this past hunting season, and he thoroughly enjoyed it, "also skipped school". I've now got him HOOKED.

Take care young lady!! Don't be a stranger.

Grey Owl
BUCKSHOT

Hey

Post by BUCKSHOT »

Hey Hunter
Shoot Straight'n Stay Onboard!
Have a good one!
Enjoy the Harvest!
Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

Hi Guys:

This is Grizzly's wife. Thought I would post as you all are asking for lady hunters. I have been hunting waterfowl with my husband for several years now but last year was the first time I hunted for deer. I didnt know if when the time came to it, if I could actually shoot a deer, but after 3 months of sitting in a stand I got my chance on the 2nd last day of the season and I took it. I got a nice buck, but unfortunately he had already dropped his antlers. He tastes good though. :twisted: I took him with an Excalibur Wolverine that my father-in-law gave to me. Too bad my husband has to go buy his own. He doesn't have an Excalibur yet but he sure has been drooling over them and this board.
P.S. My father-in-law also gave me a rifle and a shotgun. And my husband says I'm spoiled. :lol:
P.P.S.S. Nice site and nice bunch of people. Keep posting.

Cathy
BUCKSHOT

Sounds like

Post by BUCKSHOT »

Hey Cathy
Great to hear you are having a good time hunting, and success to boot!
You'll have to get Grizzly to spoil you and buy two Excaliburs, once he gets his, it won't be long before you'll be wanting one!
Good to have you on the Forum! :wink:
Enjoy the Harvest!
Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

Hey Buckshot:

The Excalibur Wolverine is mine. The father-in-law gave it to me to keep along with the shotgun and rifle, since he doesn't hunt much anymore.
Going for my turkey seminar this weekend. Every night on the way home from work we see a flock of about 30 out feeding in the fields about a mile away from our property.

Cathy
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Reads like Grizzly needs a in-law ta give him some hunting stuff :twisted: Cathy the Wolverine is a fine Excalibur xbow I have a couple myself. :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
mtbyak

Post by mtbyak »

Hi Cathy,

I am also from Woodstock & also shoot a Wolverine :D

Welcome to the forum, there are a few of us on here from the Woodstock area, maybe we should have a meet & greet somewhere & be able to put some faces to the names.

Shoot Straight
Kirk
A bad day hunting, is better then a good day of work
Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

Yeah, yeah, yeah, rub it in guy's. My wife get's all MY fathers hand me downs and I get told , go buy your own. Something wrong with this picture. :? I still say she's spoiled. Well soon this will all change as soon as I find some spare time ( whatever that is ?), I will be out shopping for MY new Phoenix or Exocet 200. Been saving my pennies since Christmas and I guess my wife feels sorry for me not owning an Excalibur and all, as she has been adding to my " bow-fund" also. Either that or she is just sick of my drooling and whining. :lol:
Hey mtbyak, I heard that some of the regulars on this board have done a meet and greet in the past and I was wondering if anything is planned for this year yet ??
Mike-aka Grizzly
bj

Post by bj »

Hi Buckshot, you know I'm always lurking in the shadows, hunting season seems so far away, too much snow... right now all I am dreaming of is some nice hot beach, or at least somewhere warm enough to ride my motorcycle. Went out before the last blast of snow and shot some 3D in the back yard, kicked somebodys butt, bet ya he's sorry he taught me so well. Been bugging about going to West Virginia this summer...gee seems like I just want to go somewhere uh? Spring can't come soon enough, I've had it with winter...Brenda
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Brenda, where in West Virginia :?: My wife's and I from down there... :D It's a little better there on the less snow side then here.. :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
bj

Post by bj »

Hi Gary, Snowshoe Mountain West Virginia... think they have a little more snow now then we do, but that is where the IBO world championship shoot is held in Aug. Awesome place,
mtbyak

Post by mtbyak »

Hey Grizzly,

I am just starting to try & get something organized for the first part of April (before turkey season) will let you know.

Where do you work in the auto man?

I work at CAMI on midnights (PSC)

Shoot Straight
Kirk
A bad day hunting, is better then a good day of work
BUCKSHOT

Hello

Post by BUCKSHOT »

Good morning all!
Hey Brenda how's it goin' I thought you were hibernating! :lol: Good to see you were keeping the old fella' honest on the target range! I guess you didn't let him use the range finder! :wink:

Cathy
Sorry I missed the fact that you are the Excalibur owner, now I know who has been doing the drooling around your place! At least Grizzly will have someone to give him a few pointers when he gets going with his new toy! :wink:

It's great to see that you guys are getting together in your neck of the woods for a meet and greet! I am sure there will be a ton of "Deadeyes" at the chat table!
I guess the 3D coarse would put some fact to the tales I imagine will be told on that night! :wink:
Have fun all, shoot straight!
Enjoy the Harvest!
Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

Hey there mtybak : The wife and I both work at Wallbank's Mfg. Make springs for transmissions there. Have a few friends that work at Cami, plus one brother-in-law.
Keep in touch re meet and greet, sounds like a good idea. Wish we had time to help organize this, BUT, renovating inside of house, cutting next years wood supply, boiling down maple syrup, you know all the joyful chores of living in the country. Wouldn't trade it for the world though.
Mike