Exocet 200 Question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Galgo

Exocet 200 Question

Post by Galgo »

Well I finally joined the ranks of Excalibur owners - buying the Exocet 200 at the Sportsman show in T.O.

I have almost completed the set up but have one question for any one out there. The video says to set up my Flemish string 1/4 inch behind the mark on the deck. The bow has two marks one about 3/4 inches back and another an inch further from the first.

Where should I set up the string to allow for the stretching after the first few shots? Much appreciated. and thanks to everyone who posts here for making my decision to go with Excalibur an educated one.

F
Boltejector

Post by Boltejector »

Set the string nearest the mark closest to the stirrup.
Git er done, and make sure it is done right!
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

Man that was fast - boltejector and thanks. I have it currently set up on the aft mark.

F
Digger

Post by Digger »

Set the string at 1 1/4 " from the riser to 1 1/2 for a new string, then when the its through stretching keeo\p it at 1 1/8" for best results. As long as its betwwen the lines you will be safe.

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
GaryL

Re: Exocet 200 Question

Post by GaryL »

Galgo wrote:Well I finally joined the ranks of Excalibur owners - buying the Exocet 200 at the Sportsman show in T.O.

I have almost completed the set up but have one question for any one out there. The video says to set up my Flemish string 1/4 inch behind the mark on the deck. The bow has two marks one about 3/4 inches back and another an inch further from the first.

Where should I set up the string to allow for the stretching after the first few shots? Much appreciated. and thanks to everyone who posts here for making my decision to go with Excalibur an educated one.
F
Between the two marks to allow for stretch on a FFF string. If its NEW check your string it should be a Excel string. If its a Excel string then as Boltejector stated as close to the mark nearst the foot stirrup.

FFF string will stretch a bit, the Excel not much..As Digger stated 1 1/8" is ideal.. :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

Thanks guys. I'll make the adjustment and shoot it on the w/e...can't wait.

F