Forum Rendezvous In Ontario??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Grizzly

Forum Rendezvous In Ontario??

Post by Grizzly »

Ok, so lots of votes for Ontario, but who is going to make the arrangements for the meet, and most importantly the shoot part of this?
I know I do not have the means to pull this off, but if someone from Ontario belongs to a club or has land to hold this on I know there would be a lot of volunteers to help out, myself included. So if anyone has any ideas throw them out there and lets see what we can come up with.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

I'll 2nd that :!:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Grizz, I don't think anyone is expecting one individual to have the means to pull it off on their own. All that is needed is a place where the event could be held. If my memory serves me, do you not have approx. 400-500 acres. Would it be possible for you to provide a small part of that acreage to host the shoot. Then all that would be needed would be volunteers.

Think about, we could called it "Woodstock 2005" :wink:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

Well, first of all I said I am surrounded by 400-500 acres of bush, did not declare owning it, but I have 50 acres of my own. Half pasture/hayfield and other half bush. I would gladly have it here, but I am by no means in a position to park that many vehicles on my property and have no targets but one. I was thinking along the lines if anyone belongs to a club if we could use/rent their range for weekend or something similar. And must have motel/campground nearby. I am just new to the horizontal bow world and have no clue as to a 3-d shoot also, and what type of (range ) would be good for a set-up.
We are having a small meet and greet at a local watering hole on the 9th of April, maybe something will come out of that. Maybe get some ideas flowing.
Also I would think we would want to have it as close to US/Canada border as possible for some of the forum members who will be coming up from the South.
Butt

Forum rendezvous in Ontario

Post by Butt »

Hi Griz, we ( the Boundary Boyz) have a club, 150 to 200 acres where we hold are 3d shoots. Up, down shots, across ponds, treed and open areas, it's right on the shop premisses and there,s lots of room for camping. I'm sure if I asked Mark Alton ( shop owner) , he would have no problem with this. We have forty 3D targets, we could hold a great shoot in Red Label's honour. If interested let us know. We are located in Harrowsmith Ontario.

Butt 8)
hunteatsleep

Post by hunteatsleep »

Sounds great Butt
canadianhunter312

Post by canadianhunter312 »

you guys are killin me. im thinkin about gettin an exomax because of the great things i read on this site. now theres gonna be a gathering/shoot kinda close to home!

i think you guys are going to force me to buy one....

will this be a competition type thing with prizes or just for bragging rights? food provided?

scott
Butt

forum rendezvous

Post by Butt »

Well of course bragging rights, :twisted: but I was thinking some of the proceeds should go towards a trust fund for Red Labels children.

Butt
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

How about a 3D shoot and later, PAINTBALLING. Just my 2 cents.

Grey Owl

[/b]
Moreland

Post by Moreland »

What about the Wolf's Den near Barrie, just another suggestion. Peter

www.wolfsdensports.com
It's not a Passion. It's and Obsession.
Woody Williams

Re: forum rendezvous

Post by Woody Williams »

Butt wrote:Well of course bragging rights, :twisted: but I was thinking some of the proceeds should go towards a trust fund for Red Labels children. Butt
Excellent idea..
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
mtbyak

Post by mtbyak »

I am not sure about camping, but there is a local club just outside of Woodstock (about 2 minutes off the 401) with motels right there etc.
I will see if I can get some insight into wether they could possibly help us out as well. (Maybe I can get RJ's help with this as well being an ex-member :wink: )

Will try & check out in the next week.

Shoot Straight
Kirk
A bad day hunting, is better then a good day of work
Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

Hey there Mtbyak, are you talking about Oxford Fish & Game? They do have a 3d range all set up and I guess Woodstock (our area) is kind of centralized for some coming from T.O. area and from the South also.
My in-laws own Willow Lake Park (campground) just 5 minutes North of Woodstock and I could look at trying to get a group rate for those camping, and there is the Quality Inn only three miles from Oxford Fish & Game.
Keep us posted on any developments.
Maybe have another poll to see where in Ontario everyone would like to see this happen?
Beaver

Post by Beaver »

Whether it be Ohio or Ontario I really don't care. What I think we really need to do is set a date. Also, just as important, find out what folk want/need in where they want to stay.

My wife and I are into camping. We may come on a motorcycle pulling an equipment trailer. We may just drive up and bring one of our more comfortable tents. What we will need is a campgroung with nice bath-houses, water, and electricity. Other folk may drive campers, pull camperes, don't want anything to do with camping except for camp cottages, and others will want a nice full featured motel.

I think it would be nice to get together to tell tales and share meals cooked over the campfire. Actually, this would be more important to me than the shoot as my problems would be more trouble than it is worth to try a 3-D course SERIOUSLY. Howevere, I would be willing to shoot so everyone else would have the comfort of knowing that they could not come in last :(

I would also like to get ideas from the folk there, see their favorite crossbow, little tips and techniques that thely have developed, and maybe they have something they would like to sell, reasonably :)

I am going to make a vacation out of this and I need to turn in my vacation request by the first monday in May to be sure of the time I requested.

Let's just assume that if we meet in Ohio, it will be the place that GaryL found for us. It seems perfect. If we meet in Ontario, can we get a similar place?

If it seems I am getting anxious, it is because I am getting anxious, I want this to happen and I want to meet you folk while there is still opportunity :D
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

How about June 10-12 at Woodstock, there's an Outdoor Expo (It's a Sportsmen type Show) We could "kill 2 birds" :wink:

Check it out:

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... b2e4a237f4

Oxford Fish and Game Website

Map Oxford Fish and Game

Map to Outdoor Expo
Last edited by ComfyBear on Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.