Ordered some broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Zeke

Ordered some broadheads

Post by Zeke »

I got me a six-pack of those American Broadhead 125gr Sonics on the way. I'll let y'all know how they fly in a couple weeks. $37 USD - I thought that was a fair price.

wildwindom

Re: Ordered some broadheads

Post by wildwindom »

Zeke wrote:I got me a six-pack of those American Broadhead 125gr Sonics on the way. I'll let y'all know how they fly in a couple weeks. $37 USD - I thought that was a fair price.

Thats not a bad price at all for a six pack. A friend of mine picked up some paper work on those at the columbus deer and turky expo.
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

Yeah - I stopped at their booth too, I was glad to finally see them in person - but didn't have the extra $$ on me to buy them at the time.

The heads are very compact - not much length difference between them and the Slik Tips I got for practice. Blades are stout too.
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

They look nice but i will still stick with my proven slick tricks like them a bunch.
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Ayep but I would like too try a package of them their sonics.. :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

wildwindom wrote:They look nice but i will still stick with my proven slick tricks like them a bunch.
Slicks are cool - but their website indicated they're out of 125's until April... so I got these instead. If they don't work, well - I'll send 'em to your dad for his collection! :wink:

I'm not pushing anyone to try the Sonics - but I imagine there was a time when Slicks weren't "proven" either :D
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Zeke are the sonics replaceable blades or can they be re-sharpened :?: How big is the cut :?: Yeh I know I could visit the web site but figured I would ask someone whom has them in his hands.... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
BUCKeYeHunter

giant sonic

Post by BUCKeYeHunter »

did ya see the 5lb. broadhead there on the display? :shock: :P :twisted:
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

:shock: how many grains in 5Lb :?: a little heavy fer me :twisted: :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Digger

Post by Digger »

3500 gr Gary in 5 lb

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Digger wrote:3500 gr Gary in 5 lb

Digger
Thanks Digger, be a good head fer the MAX :twisted: :wink: :wink: Gator head eh :!:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Sonic broadheads re-placable blades, 7/8" and 1" cutting dia. depending on which weight ya choose.. Advert... .308 fer your bow :D No plane techonology.... :twisted:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

They should be here by Friday. I'll sight the Mag in with 125gr field points this week and see how close the 125 Sonics hit - 1" diameter.

I'm nervous though... bolts buried to the fletchings in my buddies target - ruined a few that way - and that was with 100gr heads.

I might try building a little "buffer" with a bag stuffed full of rags and plastic Wal Mart bags... and use his target as a backstop for that.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

That should work Zeke, When they go in to the fletching try pushing them on thru if ya can.. :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

GaryL wrote:That should work Zeke, When they go in to the fletching try pushing them on thru if ya can.. :D
His is one of those "Black Hole" compressed foam deals - seems like pulling it through might make it worse?!?!

The Black Hole does a good job stopping aluminum 2219's from his Horton Hears a Who - but carbons from an Emag go bit deeper and have little or no bare shaft to grab.