21%
Next Year
7%

Total votes: 28

GaryL

NEW POLL ON RERENDEZVOUS

Post by GaryL »

Ok need some feed back on the Month and dates listed:

August 21st sunday 30 3D targets Bow & Barrel shoot, so that would be the week of 15th thru 21st. This can be a two day event also as we can set it up to shoot a Saturday for those whom could not do a club shoot on Sunday.

OR

Week of September 12th thru 18th. Bow & Barrel Annual "Fall Classic" two day club shoot, can do one or both days. 17 & 18th are the two shoot days.

Really need input from those's that plan on attending. If not enough members can make the choosen Month and dates it will be scaled back to a meet and Club shoot with nothing special planed such as a small band.

We can meet at the camping grounds, have BBQ, small talks around the fire, and enjoy each others company. Then make plans for a bigger event for next year. THIS MAY BE THE BEST WAY TO GO This would still give us the starting point for bigger things to come.
Either way the 3D shoot would still be a go just no band....
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Digger

Post by Digger »

Either date is fine with me. Its almost in the middle of my holidays which run from Jan.1 to Dec 31.

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
wabi

Post by wabi »

Gary,
If this is at the club where you shoot (in Ohio) I could make either date(s) if it's a sure thing well in advance. Probably a weekend would be best for me.
wabi
Beaver

Post by Beaver »

Beaver=either

What ever works out best for you GaryL since you are bearing the heaviest load.

Whatever the date, my wife and I plan to arrive on Monday evening. If we can help with whaterer, we will be gald to give it a try.
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Would love to make it but that is kind of a busy time for me, as I'll be getting things ready for the Quebec archery season... You gotta do what you gotta do!... However, I am still interested in purchasing the shirts I said I was gonna order, regarless if I'll be there or not... Maybe next year for me!...

LW
Ontario Trophy Bucks
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Wabi Yes the shoot will be held on club grounds, August 18th is the club shoot but I can set up for a Saturday shoot also. Most of the club shoots are set for the 3rd Sunday of each month to not interfere with other clubs in the area. A person can normally shoot a 3D shoot every week end somewhere around here.

The September club shoot is a two day event Saturday and Sunday and one can shoot either day or both. Depending on the total vote in the poll this is the one I like. However school is on and could hamper some from coming.

LW I sure understan that..business in your case would be first.. :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
BryanOney

Post by BryanOney »

August would be best for me. Gary, thanks for taking the bull by the horns on this.
Armadias

Post by Armadias »

Gary,
Can't make either date but still want the shirts.
:( :(
Bob
Mark

Post by Mark »

Gary, im gona try and make it!!!! that would be a good tune up for the sept Bear hunt 8) 8) 8)

Mark
Exomag ,Exocet,Micro 335
Scorpyd Ventilator
Gold tip laser bolts, Zombie Slayers,Spynal Tapp
Slick Trick, Rage, Magnus bullhead
Danny Miller Strings
Shoot a big one, Let the grunts walk
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

A full week izza a long time to meet!

Probably do Fri-Sat-Sun myself.

Having been to several "internet" meet-n-greets - what I've seen work the best is to just pick a day and let the attendees make arrangements and adjust there own schedules to yours - if someone can't make it, there's always the next time - no big deal.

Also, as the organizer - it's best to assume the alpha role in the scheduling of events or activities... democracies are great, but have limited place in organized events. YOU are the man!

That may sound harsh, but think of it this way - HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING - Let's say Bill T said he was going to visit a pro shop this year. On this visit, he's bringing a new prototype bow for anyone to try out. Then he leaves it up to us to decide which pro shop to visit. Can you imagine how many answers he'd get and how many folks would be dissappointed? Especially if he picked one, then a different one, then maybe a third depending on how the votes fell?

Now, if he said "Hey, I got this new bow for you to try and I'm bringing it to Horizontal Archery in Sardis on June 25th" - no voting, no hurt feelings - you either go or you can't - no big deal!!

Sorry - I'm probably preaching to the choir here - haven't finished my morning coffee yet!! 8)
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

Other post notwithstanding - the August dates are good - might even be able to bring the whole family.

Other than the day, what are the differences between the Saturday "non-club" and the Sunday "club" shoot?

Also, will there be draw weight/speed restrictions? If so, I'll need to find a stout rubber band and some 1500gr arrows to slow down the 'Mag. :D
bj

Post by bj »

August sounds great to us Gary, we will book our vacation time next week, planning on making the whole week. Getting together around the camp fire sounds like fun but at the end of the day my old bones would rather be at a near by motel :oops: ..can you find out if there are any available near by? Brenda & Wayne
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

BJ theres plent of hotels around.
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
darkhollowarcher

re

Post by darkhollowarcher »

August or sept. sound ok to me, hope to make it for 3 or 4 days at least,i checked with mapquest it says 370 mile 6 hours to Vermilion Oh. is that near the club where the shoot will be held,and also are there motels nearby or will there be camping on the club grounds. i see findley state park is in the area ,but i dont believe group gatherings will be allowed according to there website,( correct me if i am wrong)
Bob
PRB

Post by PRB »

August sounds good but not sure if Ill make it if we get lucky enough to get a house started this summer. Ill be sure to keep updated and PM you if I can make it. I too would like a motel :wink: Thanks for all your efforts Gary
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!