Robin Hood!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

globemountain

Robin Hood!

Post by globemountain »

I shot a Robin Hood at 25 yards with my Exocet last night! Deadly accurate! I will have to stop shooting groups...too expensive to fix fletchings.
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

I never shoot my Exocet at the same spot twice. I have an electrical tape cross about 6 x 6 inches and I can easily hit the left point, centre than right with three consecutive shots and not worry about Robin Hooding even though they are only a couple inches apart :)

F
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

At a set distance Robin Hoods can be done on a daily basis, but I have never done it. lose and arrow, what the heck for. Now for the virtical bow shooter I;d say cool.
globemountain

Post by globemountain »

DaveHawk wrote:At a set distance Robin Hoods can be done on a daily basis, but I have never done it. lose and arrow, what the heck for. Now for the virtical bow shooter I;d say cool.
True.... It's pretty tough to do with a compound. I've been shooting vertical bows for about 15 years and have done it only 3 times.
DOXNUT

Post by DOXNUT »

Aren't "Robin Hoods" Great! Ya, so they cost ya money. But they are somewhat rewarding, because you KNOW your shooting TIGHT groups.
hunteatsleep

Post by hunteatsleep »

I personally enjoy doing it to other shooters arrows.(eh Butt) :lol:
borrachudao

Post by borrachudao »

this is what GAD made by shooting 2 times the same place...
it was the first day shooting with his new exomax.

==============================
In God we trust, all others must pay cash.
==============================

[img]http://www.ehk.brturbo.com/brasil_bandeira100.jpg[/img]
gad

Post by gad »

borrachudao wrote:this is what GAD made by shooting 2 times the same place...
it was the first day shooting with his new exomax.

Thats it guys! It's too expensive shoot excaliburs xbows twice at the same target.

I, and borrachudão, my friend, always shoot diferent places on the same target. Else... go buy another bolts!
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Since our crossbow arrows are open ended it is also a lot easier than with a vertical bow.

A "kiss" nock buster with a vertical bow could very well be a "Robinhood" with our crossbows.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
DOXNUT

Post by DOXNUT »

I agree WOODY! The open hole in the rear insert allows for "self-centering". I only group shot when shooting 50 and 60 yds anything less means high odds for "robin hood".