Why Remove Quiver?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Galgo

Why Remove Quiver?

Post by Galgo »

On his instruction video, Bill advises us to remove the quiver once we get into the stand. Why is that? Should we not be shooting with the quiver attached at all. i.e. target practice? Anyone know? Thanks.

F
Redbad

Post by Redbad »

I shot 4 deer this fall with the quiver on - don't see a problem with leaving it on. :)
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

I take mine off once I'm in the stand because it get's in the way and is noisy if brushed against the stand or tree........
Spring

Post by Spring »

Whether my compound, recurve, or crossbow I always remove the quiver on stand. All my treestands have a seperate hook for the quiver. I'm rather particular as to where I place it. It must be close at hand, not obstruct my view, and not be anywhere where I might brush up against it.

One reason for removing it from the bow is that is that at the shot, sound resonates through the quiver.

Another reason is that often my bow is hung up while on stand. When a deer approaches I reach for my bow. I've found it way easier, and less chance of brushing it on something if the quiver is removed.

Cheers!
DOXNUT

Post by DOXNUT »

I don't use a bow-quiver myself, but one reason I could see removing the quiver from the bow would be, possible noise. Of coarse you might not hear anything change, but animals might.
STEELWORKER

Post by STEELWORKER »

i take my quiver off cause it seems to throw the balance off on my bow-----STEEL
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

STEELWORKER wrote:i take my quiver off cause it seems to throw the balance off on my bow-----STEEL
Just one of many reasons I do not use one on my bows.... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
STEELWORKER

Post by STEELWORKER »

GaryL wrote:
STEELWORKER wrote:i take my quiver off cause it seems to throw the balance off on my bow-----STEEL
YAH GARYL the things feel like they want to nose dive on me so i prefer to hangem on a hook beside me :wink: ----STEEL
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

STEELWORKER wrote:
GaryL wrote:
??----STEEL
Like you stated it throws my bows or makes them feel off balance. I will only use a hip or back quiver. For some the quiver makes no difference when attached to their bow/xbow, for me the extra weight is noticable and also makes the bow feel off balance.

Also super limb/twig catchers, dust, and just plain pain in the arse fer me... :twisted: :wink: :lol:

On the other hand I will say, Diggers quivers look mighty neat and if'n I would put one on my xbow and leave it I would by no doubt get use to it. :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

Thanks for the input guys. Looks like it's just a matter of personal preference. I wanted to make sure it wasn't a safety issue :)

F