another newbie question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

taxman

another newbie question

Post by taxman »

i have some 2219's w/ 4 inch vanes. i aslo have a dozen horton bolts that have 5 inch vanes. any preference out there? i refletch all my arrows(when i bowhunted anyway). i was going to do the same for my bolts. thanks

john
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

John, I have found that Horton bolt fly like crap out of my excalibar and my ten point. You may want to get some gold tip lazer ll's
taxman

Post by taxman »

thanks dave. my horton do fly like crap. im not sure if its because that they have the moon nocks and not the flat nocks. i will be using rocket heads so i think that i will stick with the 4 inch vane.

john
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Depends on what xbow you be shooting, 2219's with 4" or 5" should fly ok but the 5" vanes would be a litte heavier. The Horton bolts you can change from the moon nock to flat, but even they should fly ok as long as you put the bolt in proper "cock feather/vane down" :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

I shot horton bolts out of my ten point and they fly perfect are your bolts straight?
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
STEELWORKER

Post by STEELWORKER »

DaveHawk wrote:John, I have found that Horton bolt fly like crap out of my excalibar and my ten point. You may want to get some gold tip lazer ll's
i love the gold tip's and i wont shoot any other-----STEEL
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

You can find hoton bolts that will fly good but not out of the bow like you get with Gold Tip. I have opened boxes of Horton bolts and only able to get maybe 2 that would hit close to center out of 6 ! Not worth the time money of effert.