Crossbow Scope with crosshairs and ZERO magification

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dahola

Crossbow Scope with crosshairs and ZERO magification

Post by dahola »

I am trying to find a crossbow scope with zero magnification. I have a red dot scope and am not satisfied with it. What I am looking for is a scope with crosshairs that has at least three horizontial lines, that I can site for 20, 40, and 60 yards.

I have an archery trip planned for Idaho, I can use my crossbow and scope. However the regulations in Idaho do not permit magification in a crossbow scope.

Does anybody know of a crossbow scope, with crosshairs and three aim points, that is zero magification?

Thank you dahola
BryanOney

Scope

Post by BryanOney »

I have a Simmons crossbow scope that I have had for quite a while. I do not know if it is still made. I do not know its magnification, but its field of view is around 70 feet at 100 yds. This lets me see a whole deer if it is right under me. When I buy a scope for deer hunting I am always looking at the field of view. Hope this is of some use to you. Bryan.
hatchet jack

Post by hatchet jack »

have you checked with cabelas,

h.j.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

check this scope out... Don't know if it's what you're looking for, but it sure looks intersting. It projects crosshairs onto a target up to 50yrds away.
-Hawkeye
"No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were inconvenienced"
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

-Hawkeye
"No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were inconvenienced"
terry-1

scope

Post by terry-1 »

I tried a plain red dot and ended up going with a military style Eotech holo sight. The circle dot looks like it is free floating about 20-30 yards in front of the crossbow, it has a laser dot look to it. Huge FOV and can be shot both eyes open I love it. I sight my Exocet in for 25 yards dead on and from 17-35 yards just aim center lungs and it hits somewhere in the deer's lungs every time. Pretty simple and it has worked for me for several years now and several nice bucks downed without a loss of a animal yet. Overall I like everything simple and tough with my gear.
Digger

Post by Digger »

I like the Bushnell holo scope also but at $340 US I could buy another Vixen with decent scope.

Digger

Description Price
BUSHNELL HOLO-SCOPE 339.00
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

In searching some more, Simmons makes a crossbow reticle (only advertized with 4x scopes), but if I were really desparate, I'd ask if they could set an xbow reticle into one of their 1x scopes...
But other than that, I can't find anywhere in this "world-wide-web", a scope with a crossbow reticle & 1x power...
-Hawkeye
terry-1

scope

Post by terry-1 »

Digger , The Mil spec 550 eotech holo sights are waterproof to 33ft,Fog proof,can still work even with shattered glass sight window,surive mil spec drop test from 10ft to soild concrete on a weapon without change point of impact and no damage, surive and all environmental extremes, be used on your rocket launcher or 50 cal manchine gun during the off season,and last is the fastest sighting system made today. How can you put a price on all that? I bought mine on ebay for about $280 US dollars. It may be a touch overkill for a crossbow but nothing wrong with putting a top notch scope on the best crossbow made. You never know, I may have to swim up on that deer,jump off a small cliff and shoot that buck on the run. Hopefully I never have to do that but I might drop the crossbow/scope out of a tree stand though.
brayhaven

Post by brayhaven »

Hawkeye wrote:In searching some more, Simmons makes a crossbow reticle (only advertized with 4x scopes), but if I were really desparate, I'd ask if they could set an xbow reticle into one of their 1x scopes...
But other than that, I can't find anywhere in this "world-wide-web", a scope with a crossbow reticle & 1x power...
Did you even find a 1X scope? I looked for one of those for awhile. I still prefer a a good aperture sight though. Better than the OEM Excal sights :)
Greg
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Did you even find a 1X scope? I looked for one of those for awhile. I still prefer a a good aperture sight though. Better than the OEM Excal sights
Greg
Greg, yes, there are a few manufacturers out there making 1x scopes. They generally advertise them for shotguns & muzzleloaders. However Simmons was the only scope manufacturer I found that actually has a "crossbow" reticle, but they only have them in their 4x scopes.
(dahola) I have an archery trip planned for Idaho, I can use my crossbow and scope. However the regulations in Idaho do not permit magification in a crossbow scope.
dahola, Are you going to hunt Idaho's archery deer season with a disabled permit? In reading the regulations, if you hunt Idaho with a crossbow in the general season there are no scope restrictions.
-Hawkeye