Which x-bow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

LC Bowhunter

Which x-bow

Post by LC Bowhunter »

What are the major differences between the Barnett Revolution and the Revolution XS, and are the differences worth $100.00 .
mike41

Which x-bow

Post by mike41 »

the xs has a 16" power stroke, Revolution 15 1/2.

Mike41:
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Which xbow ?

Answer: EXCALIBUR :!: :!: :!:

Reasons: Easy to maintain, most xbow out there fer your money, fast and accurate.... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
TYE

Post by TYE »

I'm with Gary! Buy Excalibur, you won't be dissappointed. I own 2 of them now.
doegirl

Post by doegirl »

If you wish to stick to compound crossbows, may I suggest a Tenpoint Titan. It's Tenpoint's entry level bow. It does not have the speed rating (280) that the Revolution has, but I hope you're not basing your purchase on just advertised speed. The package (scope, quiver) retails for about $580.00, without the goodies $400.00. I've only handled an Excalibur at a shop, so I can't really comment on them. Excalibur and Tenpoint seem to be top of food chain, and for good reason. Quality in workmanship and components is second to none.
"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
-Thomas Jefferson
hatchet jack

Post by hatchet jack »

go to --www.barnettcrossbows.com/index.htm you can get all the detales,,,,,i have 2 brotherinlaws they both shoot barnetts,,,i1 has a revolution the other has a xs they love them,,,,,i have a barnette rc 150,, not as fast but lighter & very good i love it.

hatchet jack
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

doegirl wrote:If you wish to stick to compound crossbows, may I suggest a Tenpoint Titan. It's Tenpoint's entry level bow. It does not have the speed rating (280) that the Revolution has, but I hope you're not basing your purchase on just advertised speed. The package (scope, quiver) retails for about $580.00, without the goodies $400.00. I've only handled an Excalibur at a shop, so I can't really comment on them. Excalibur and Tenpoint seem to be top of food chain, and for good reason. Quality in workmanship and components is second to none.

I'll second doegirl's motion.

Recurve? - No doubt about it - Excalibur..

Compound? - TenPoint

That TenPoint Titan speed of 280 is with a 2219 and that combo does generate some serious KE.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Woody Williams wrote:
doegirl wrote:If you wish to stick to compound crossbows, may I suggest a Tenpoint Titan. It's Tenpoint's entry level bow. It does not have the speed rating (280) that the Revolution has, but I hope you're not basing your purchase on just advertised speed. The package (scope, quiver) retails for about $580.00, without the goodies $400.00. I've only handled an Excalibur at a shop, so I can't really comment on them. Excalibur and Tenpoint seem to be top of food chain, and for good reason. Quality in workmanship and components is second to none.

Compound? - TenPoint

That TenPoint Titan speed of 280 is with a 2219 and that combo does generate some serious KE.
And I will third it....I loves them TenPoints for a xbow with wheels, However I prefer my EXCALIBURS.... :twisted: :wink:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Digger

Post by Digger »

GaryL wrote:
Woody Williams wrote:

Compound? - TenPoint

And I will third it....I loves them TenPoints for a xbow with wheels, However I prefer my EXCALIBURS.... :twisted: :wink:
I too like Excalibur, but I love my Excalibur Paradox with wheels too.

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
DOXNUT