When and where is our Excalibur rendezvous?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DJH

When and where is our Excalibur rendezvous?

Post by DJH »

What is the location and the dates for our Excalibur Rendezvous? I would like to know what was finally decided on.
It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!

Daniel James Hendricks
POB 251
Glenwood, MN 56334
320-634-3660
Email: [email protected]
Big John

Rendezvous

Post by Big John »

O.K. guys what"s this rendezvous, and am I invited or not? :?
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
ch312

Post by ch312 »

hmmm....guess i better buy an exomax so i can come too!

hopefully its in SW ontario....
Digger

Post by Digger »

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... rendezvous

Hope this helps some, GaryL can supply more info.

Digger
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Sorry about that all :oops: but have been trying to get more together. As it stands now the shoot is at Bow & Barrel Archery Club in Huron, Oh on the 21st of Aug. This is a club shoot and the 3-D targets are IBO shooting range which if I am not mistaken will make the longest shot 35 yds.

No limit on FPS or draw weight of xbow at this time. The reason I have been SLOW in making any more post on the matter is because I am still trying to get more then a one day shoot.

I still need to get and post a list and number/web sites of any hotels in the area. Was trying too make it more then maybe needs too be for our first one.. The camping site I choose is here....

www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/parks/findley.htm

I am debating and sent a e-mail to DHJ that maybe we need to keep planing this get together so that more can be offered such as vender booths, swap area, and other goodies for NEXT YEAR instead of this year.

No I am not backing out.... It is just that a one day shoot seems hardly enough for folks to travel so far to enjoy a forum shoot. However that being stated as I stated before I am planning on camping at Findley State park for two weeks, and there are other clubs we can all shoot at if you want to stick around fer a while.... :D

ch12 and john please be advised this is a FORUM get togethe and all are invited xbow or any other type of archery such as v-bows..... :twisted: :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
bj

Post by bj »

[quote="GaryL"]

No I am not backing out.... It is just that a one day shoot seems hardly enough for folks to travel so far to enjoy a forum shoot. However that being stated as I stated before I am planning on camping at Findley State park for two weeks, and there are other clubs we can all shoot at if you want to stick around fer a while.... :D

/quote]

absolutely !!!!!...i was looking forward to making this a "couple of days event", to justify the distance...what about renting another clubs range for a second day or just paying what they charge to shoot a round if they offer that...or for that matter an extra day at the same club you've plannned for Gary....i'm sure we can muster up the cash to pay for the use of the additional day...

Wayne...
Big John

Rendezvous

Post by Big John »

Garyl:

I need more than a one day shoot and get together, especially down there a ways. I like the idea of having swap booths and such, as well as having barbeque's with the other members. I really like to eat B.B.Q. food! :) Target shooting for two days is much better. And I know meeting and talking to other members in person uses lot's of time.

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Aug 21st huh? Well I'll be there in spirit, I'll be deer hunting. Vert bow season starts here Aug 21... (gotta hunt the Hoyt Vtec!)
-Hawkeye
"No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were inconvenienced"
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

I is still working on more then a one day shoot, however as far as a swap meet, bbq, and get together for story telling thats no problem....Don't give up just yet as things on a two or three day shoot can still happen.

With that being stated I am not going to throw in the towel and just say it's a no go as I am going camping the week of the shoot and will be there for a week after the shoot,(Camp Ground) and we can BBQ and meet and swap and tell storys and what ever.

It is not coming together as I wanted at lest not yet, but for me it is a start and thats what counts. Once the thing gets going better things can and will come.

Here's too seeing all that can make it, and for thoses that can't maybe next year some where.... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

:D :D Sounds great Garry , Keep me posted so I can get the shirts made at least 3 weeks before . I know a one day event wont work for me it's about a 17 hour drive out to you ,Im gone to need a few days to unwind and have some fun with all you great folk's GREYWOLF
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
Herbinator

Post by Herbinator »

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend. Goin fishin! :lol:
wabi

Post by wabi »

Gary & everyone,
Would a 2 or 3 day shoot in southern Ohio work out for the get together?
No promises at this point, but I might be able to get the Shawnee Outdoorsmen to host another shoot. I'd need some serious input right away (and hopefully attendance comittments) to go to the club with.
wabi
wabi
Big John

Rendezvous

Post by Big John »

Are there any restrictions or permits required to bring crossbows over there from Ontario? :?

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Big John

Rendezvous

Post by Big John »

And how far drive south of Cleveland?

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
bj

Re: Rendezvous

Post by bj »

John wrote:Are there any restrictions or permits required to bring crossbows over there from Ontario? :?
nope...just to get them back home...you should declare the bow and accessories at canadian customs, BEFORE crossing the border...they will sticker the bow if you like...if you have a list of "stuff" you're taking over, they will stamp, initial, and finalize that too...it's not always required, but it can save some hassles getting your baby back home... :wink: